Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Highlights

Crimson.png

Click here ​to download Crimson 16.4.1 Driver.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Highlights

Support for:

• Quantum Break™
      • Upto 35% faster performance using Quantum Break™ on Radeon™ R9 Fury X than with Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2(1).
    • Oculus Rift™
    • HTC Vive™

Resolved Issues

• Frame rate capping issues experienced in some DirectX®12 applications is resolved.
  • Hitman™ may experience flickering when played in DirectX® 11 mode using high game shadow settings.

Known Issues

• A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
  • Need For Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon™ Settings game manager.
  • The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
  • Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
  • XCOM2™ users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire™ for the games profile in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab.
  • Some DX9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™ mode through Radeon™ Settings.
  • A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds. A work around is to raise your fan speeds through AMD Overdrive in Radeon™ Settings manually to a desired amount.
  • HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon™ Settings on some system configurations.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

(1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 4, 2016 on the AMD Radeon™ Fury X, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB memory AMD driver 16.4.1 and AMD driver 16.3.2 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Quantum Break™.  PC Manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 3840x2160, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 scored 16.693 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 scored 22.663 on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X, which is 35.76% faster performance. RS-11

67 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1

Please,

The division, one of the most popular game has flickering problems with crossfire on.

25 frames per second, the games is unplayable.

can you please fix this soon as possible ?

We are many users in the same situation and we have wait a long time.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Damn bro,

You got here before I did.  Just noticed another point release and thought finally a MONTH after release we would get a "The Division" fix for crossfire.  But no...

Highlighted
Elite
Elite

2fps gain with new driver but most importation CPU is working now.

Ashes of the Singularity

HkPjdnT.png

bVAEYqk.png

Thanks AMD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

• A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds. A work around is to raise your fan speeds through AMD Overdrive in Radeon™ Settings manually to a desired amount.

"Slower than expected fan speeds"

you guys literally turned off my fans with that latest 16.3.2 update...you turned the fans OFF, fan speed 0,  0 RPM and 0%, in words: ZERO. The PC ran like that for over 6 hours and i only noticed the next day, because some fans did weird noises. But at that point i also knew, why my CPU fan was going nuts, while idle....

I am scared to actually do anything on my PC since then. i literally do nothing without permanently monitoring my temps and fan speeds

Well, let's see how long the rest-lifespan of that thing will be...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I can not believe again hahahaha .. fourth driver host problem but unfortunately no one wants to hear,constantly returning to 16.2.1 pathetic.Amd big joke support

http://prntscr.com/aodhw1

Gigabyte R9 390X G1 .. Win 10 Pro x64

Highlighted
Elite
Elite

It will be very long if you set a manual fan speed with the software that your GPU came with.

In my case i have the STRIX-R9390-DC3OC-8GD5-GAMING | Graphics Card

And i set the fan speed with ASUS GPU Tweak II

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i am using afterburner now.

and the only software that was sent with the card, was the latest driver version at that point

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Yet another driver release , yet another big bloody disappointment.

DIVISION crossfire issues remain UNRESOLVED

XCOM2 crossfire issues remain UNRESOLVED

SERIOUSLY????? getting tired of this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

So what's the most reliable Crimson release for everyone as of thus far if there is one as of yet.

After I get a consensus I'll go try it out, I don't feel like another day of messing around with different drivers (I am trying to stay away from this plague called Crimson yet it has some features I find helpful when they work).

Another question, for windowed OpenGL performance, which Crimson version resulted in highest fps or do I have to go back to 15.11.1b ccc for decent OpenGL framerates?