Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ryan_sprivates
Adept II

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1

"The Lag" is real lol..

First, you need to upgrade to more RAM, as 4gb is not enough anymore.

And second, I don't know what those games require, but it may also be time to upgrade your computer altogether.

On my old gaming rig, I got low Frames Per Second on a couple games, which may seem like like, but that was only because it couldn't keep up with the demand of the graphics.

I believe the problems we are experience with the latest drivers are, non operational issues, or major screen tears.

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

deathstroke​ & @ryan

First of all "lag" is a very specific thing whose definition has been lost in recent years.

Nowadays people use lag to define a broad spectrum of issues from high latency to low fps to stutters and probably anything else wrong with a game.  That is wrong, plain and simple, its not what lag means.

Lag specifically refers to the delay between input and reaction usually but not exclusively due to high latency between a client and server.  Its not exclusively high latency, the delay can be caused by processing power at the server side also adding to the effect of 'lag'.

Its has nothing to do with gpu related issues such as stuttering, low fps etc although these days you will see "my game lags" posted everywhere whereby the poster means they have low fps and stuttering.  Its annoying and plain wrong and is therefore a misrepresentation of the issue the user is actually having.

Anyway, I'm not going to change the minds of people on the internet but hey, hopefully you learned something today and will use correct terms to describe your issues.

deathstroke
Journeyman III

i dont seed the problem in the last update...
but i always setup any new update release and i got this stutter in my games like fifa 14
and when i uninstall the definition update AMD HD 7750 graphic card and install this version definition that came with the my card (AMD Catalyst 08.00.0911) all Games Work perfectly and i got no stutter or lag in games like fifa 14
any help???

0 Likes
deathstroke
Journeyman III

sorry, i mean stuttering or Cutting or simple slow in sometimes when i playing and then works perfectly And so on.

0 Likes
ryan_sprivates
Adept II

Apparently, sarcasm wasn't noticed.

But, from the minimal info provided,  or not being able to see what is going on,  it seems like fps spikes.  Which is why I mentioned upgrading. And, as I'm not familiar with that card,  I can't really say, what he should be experiencing.

I had an HD8470D /APU A6, I know that RAM affects frames and loading (and apu's need the ram,  as cards not so much).

How is the i3/card combo? Bottleneck?

4 gigs isn't sufficient anymore.

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

Not sure I completely understand.

You say you don't see the problem in the last update, isn't that a good thing meaning its working ok for you then?

If I misunderstood that then ok but I do understand that Catalyst is working well for you, I would suggest in that case sticking with your working Catalyst driver and if it wasn't the latest before Crimson kicked in try getting a hold of the last Catalyst driver 15.11.1b released here.

0 Likes
macaugr
Journeyman III

Display>Additional settings=wont open

When i click Additional settings it looks like its loading but no window will actually pop up. Also its not running on Task Manager.

System specs:

Win 8.1 Pro

Asus z97 AR

R9 270x Toxic

8gb Dominator plat

840 evo

This is my fist time posting here.

I am having problems with AMD drivers since crimson first release.

p.m.: ill to buy a new card this summer, ill go green side this time.

0 Likes
macaugr
Journeyman III

This is not a single driver error event. We see tones of problems in general. When my card has problems with a version yours dont, and vice versa.

The biggest problem lately is crimson. And thinks are simple. Two companies in the world AMD-NVIDIA we shouldn't have a single problem. With so many feedback and debug reports they should fix the problems.

i am really suffering here. i spent my time fixing  and trying to stabilize a product that i paid with warranty but no one offered a warranty on drivers for obvious reasons. The psychological deterioration, the time i spent fixing, the time i spent not producing (work), etc. No warranty will cover this.

Well there are some thinks that if you consider them right. time money balance waste etc then there is no more reason to chose the budget (value for money) amd cause in the end...the true... the real true..no value for money.  and that is a fact.

if there was a counter on people with gpu drivers problems i imagine amd been the bigger loser.

0 Likes