kingfish
MVP

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1

Maybe @ray_m could lock the next announcement. ray_m

0 Kudos
ryan_sprivates
Adept II

Already did all this.. Windows is not the problem.
It's just not compatible

0 Kudos
ryan_sprivates
Adept II

I got my pitchfork ready... let the hunt begin! lol

much respect for customer service reps.. But in all honesty, we pay to play, we expect to use with minimal interference.

varileztra
Journeyman III

Well mate, of cause we complain, when stuff doesn't work.
I paid 230€ plus shipping for my card not even two months ago and almost had it fried BECAUSE OF A DRIVERS UPDATE. 230€ going suicide mode after driver update. Yea, nothing to complain about there, i guess! If you have the money sitting that loosly,  why don#t you throw some over mate?.

And well, i would say to make matters worse, but i don't think anything could be worse than the hardware destroying itself, anyways: Now i can't even properly play the game i want to play, because the display driver keeps crashing. It did the same thing with fallout before, until the update came that wanted to fry my hardware. So to me, this indicates, that it's tje driver itself. Afterall, i only experienced this issue with Nvidia, when i didn't download the game ready driver for the new releases. Something i have not yet found for AMD products, yea, nothing to complain about, not being able to play the game i would like to play, becausemissing updates!
You could say, since i switched to this card, i had nothing but trouble and insecurities.

0 Kudos
paagrillcz
Journeyman III

Asus R9 280X - 16.4.1 caused flickering in SteamVR test. After the restart, i got a gray vertical lines at random moments (Crimson software startup, MSI Afterburner, Windows Task manager, etc.), uninstalling the driver solved the problem. The graphics card seems to be OK.

0 Kudos
zasy99
Challenger

One could also call such complaints people pointing out errors and flaws which prevent customers from using their video cards as intended, or?

If all people did was praise everything even that which is flawed would there ever be any improvements made?

Would you accept a new car which has a gas pedal that sometimes sticks, the doors don't close properly or the brake pedal sometimes fails?

Hmm, probably not, so why should people with graphics cards be happy when they are plagued by a string of bad driver releases spanning many many months?

Crimson has proven to be beta quality at best.  It should be in a pilot program or still in beta, not the only mainstream release available for download, can I get an old archived CCC driver, sure, but will everyone who is buying a new AMD card and who has issues know how to do that, nope.

My own installation is only half stable because I am running a mix of Crimson and CCC, pure Crimson crashes the config app on a constant basis for myself and many others as reported just about anywhere Crimson is mentioned.

I am also no way in h... letting any AMD app/driver control my fans again, not after the near meltdown of my GPU from the first Crimson release.

Eyefinity in Crimson goes as far as causing a major fault in Windows to the point it took hours to recover from, its repeatable so its a definite flaw, I must use the CCC half of my installation to control that.

We are not even talking about game support here, the basic control app itself is unstable

And I don't even have crossfire, the poor folks with CF have an even harder life.

So yeah, praise will be given when deserved, so far, well, you go figure from the above product experience.

The day that threads are locked to either prevent any negative feedback from being given or as a result of negative feedback is the day everybody starts to lose.

kingfish
MVP

Negative feedback will not be affected. The purpose of the post was to let people know there was a new driver. Comments on the driver and issues like all the above should be posted on their own. Who really wants to read about problems a particular card has (if you don't have that card) or a crossfire issue when they don't have crossfire?  I have no issues at all with the driver. Start your own post..then people with similar issues will look at it. Locking the post solves all that.

0 Kudos
rkok
Adept II

Locking the threads wont do anyone any good. As far as im concerned amd should be taking this opportunity to not only address customer concerns and gauge customer sentiments. We dont need a forum post just to announce a new driver. That information is readily available from the main driver page.

As a customer ive already given up on the idea of posting bugs and issues be it here or the drivrr support page or amd customer support. The level of support so far has left a very sharp foul taste in my mouth.

I have already abandoned the desktop performance cpu portfolio with amd and soon will most prob abandon their gpu in favor of nvidia.

There is nothing sexy about a company with poor customer support. I work hard for my money and deserve no less than adequate support from amd. Other customers are rightfully so in venting their frustration afterall we are only talking amongst ourselves here. Its not like amd actually get off their high horse and engage with customers. They are too busy now with all the contracts with console makers.

Ya know the one good news i read so far this week .. amd reporting a loss in annual profit!!! Karma is a real pain aye.

Btw this post is prob gonna get blocked but what the heck aye?

0 Kudos

DOOM-Original-Box-Artamdrep.jpg

0 Kudos