Drivers & Software

Challenger
Challenger

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1

Argh, the terrible freesync flicker problem is still present on my LG29UM67

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Did it fix the power control not showing up for the Fury Nano?

0 Kudos
Elite
Elite

I have a VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 7850 in a Dell Precision T5500 workstation here used heavily for software engineering and graphics work.

Since I was doing Windows 8.1 Update maintenance anyway, after 53 days running 24/7 on the bootup I did after installing 16.1.1, today I installed Crimson 16.3.1.

The Passmark PerformanceTest benchmarks I always do after making any changes show a few percent gain across the board in the speed of desktop operations.  Nice.

In some hours of testing Crimson 16.3.1 has been flawless.  And so far 3 out of 3 times it's properly retained the preset calibration of my leftmost monitor (of 3), which is something 16.1.1 failed to do (intermittently).  I'll reserve final judgment on whether that minor glitch is fixed until after a few days more of testing, but it's looking hopeful.

Thank you, AMD, for the stable drivers, and for the performance gains.  Nice job!

-Noel

0 Kudos
Elite
Elite

Hi,

when frame limit is enabled if you disable it in a profile then this profile set to 55 fps max.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

With these drivers I am completely unable to play Hitman in DX12 (DX11 works fine) on a Gigabyte R9 Fury. With the 16.3 drivers I was able to at least play in Windowed mode, however Full Screen/Exclusive FullScreen modes crashed with VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.

With 16.3.1, those crashes/restarts are gone, but the application just doesn't run. Almost like something in the Driver is preventing the programming from running in the first place and thus avoiding the crash.

Challenger
Challenger

I spoke too soon...

amdfail.jpg

Adept II
Adept II

16.3 and 16.3.1 .. R9 390X G1 .. Win 10 Pro x64

6cjFj0S.png

Exemplar
Exemplar

Crimson is not stable. Confirmed.

If I could offer any advice right not it would be to use CCC 15.7.1 or download the RadeonPro mod drivers.

Its tied to Qt5Core.dll with some kind of weird memory fluctuation occurring at random times mostly on idle.

Very strange activity AMD.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

john007

Does RadeonPro support Crimson? I am mainly asking as in have you tried it.  I could not tell from reading the material on the website whether it does or not. Everything is outdated, from years ago.

Also, I see RadeonPro as a "tweaking Utility" not as drivers.  please correct me if am wrong, I was here: http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Whenever I try to play Rise of the Tomb Raider on Geothermall valley map, crushing the game on my r9 290 i7 3770k asus z77

http://s22.postimg.org/i2hj5yzsf/Ads_z.jpg

0 Kudos