Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zasy99
Challenger

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1

kingfish

Never heard of 15.11.2b nor are there any results when I use the basic search engines.

thoroughlydisgruntled

I am with you there, I had Nvidia all the way up to this 390x and never had a problem, since the 390x just one headache after another and the first Crimson release just about melted my card, I saw strange artifacts appearing, started MSI AB which then kicked in the fans on overdrive and I ALT+F4'd out of my game.  When I glanced at the temp it was 94C so it had obviously been even higher as by then the fans had already been on high for a few seconds.

Luckily I saved the card.

My next upgrade will be a 6gb+ Nvidia and Gsync.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Sorry..that's 15.11.1 beta....

0 Kudos
cainstar
Adept I

Is the 16.3.1 versio in beta or something......I mean why isn't Radeon settings offering me an update? The main driver page is also still only offering the 15.30 versio. I'm running W7......will not touch W10.....not with 10yard pole......

Also I just installed Darksiders 2 and behold it is riddled with flickering textures etc. I did managed to fix fog effect disruption, where everything started flickering and creating "trails" by disabling surface optimization. I'm still having issue that looks like "old screens/frames" are piled up and are shown on top of the actual gameplay screen.....Does that make sense to anyone? If not I can try alborate more. If anybody knows how fix things please I'm open suggestions.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

The best/safest way to get your graphics drivers is to manually choose and download here >Download Drivers

0 Kudos
noelc
Elite

What 3D applications would those be that are "shocking" and "appalling" you, specifically, John007?  If you're not here just to relieve stress, I suggest posting some specifics.  And it wouldn't hurt to back your subjective judgment up with actual measurements.

I develop professional OpenGL-based software and the speed of OpenGL drawing and shader execution I'm getting with 16.3.1's OpenGL 4.4 implementation is just fine.  I'm seeing no errors.  Ongoing objective benchmarks show that it's no worse than its predecessors.

ScreenGrab_NoelC4_2016_03_28_130244.png

In my experience most people don't manage their computer configurations very carefully, and accumulate junkware all the time.  Thus things seem slower as time goes on.  If you're not running Mark Russinovich's Autoruns regularly to check your setup, I suggest you download it.

People are also subjectively very poor at judging speed.

I'm not saying this to be argumentative or critical, but you need to recognize that software developers all know these things, and if you want your problems to be taken seriously you need to both provide objective evidence of problems and prove that they're not your fault for managing your system poorly.

-Noel

cainstar
Adept I

kingfish​ Well I don't know what is going on in the driver&download center page, but when I pick my selection Desktop Graphics -> R9 -> R9 2xx -> Win7 64-bit and then click display result.....well nothing happens(Thanks for the help thou).....absolutely nothing.....wau....just....wau....this is getting ridiculous(slowly shakes head in disbelieve).....to be honest I don't think I would have installed the newer drivers, since posts hear clearly state that the drivers are broken.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Just look on the right hand side of the page...choose your graphics group and OS. Download Drivers

0 Kudos
john007
Exemplar

Hello,

'What 3D applications would those be that are "shocking" and "appalling" you, specifically,'

The benchmarks look good on paper I agree. It's benchmarking a particular 3d application with these new drivers that result in weird downclocking issues at random times. This is the main problem here. The 3D applications listed worked perfectly well with a 7950 @ 1200mhz. Tested on three test benches.

W40K Soulstorm - Shadow bugs, low gpu usage.

GTA-SA with ENB - Low gpu usage, stuttering. Cannot render smoke animations as fast as the 7950.

Minecraft with optifine - constant stuttering.

The Settlers III - AMD Fury X with The Settlers 3

Crysis - GPU usage fluctuation, stuttering.

ARMA II - This should have been an overall better experience  seeing as the Fury has much more advanced floating point performance.

Age Of Empires III - Really choppy FPS.

Alien Isolation - AMD Fury X with Alien Isolation

Revolver360 Reactor - Constant stuttering. Downclocking issue.

Space Hulk - Downclocking issues.

Many other 2D side scrolling applications. - Most of the time the core is downclocked to 500mhz.

'In my experience most people don't manage their computer configurations very carefully'

I can assure you as I'm indeed a developer myself there are absolutely no errors or warnings on the unit. Event Viewer is clean.

' If you're not running Mark Russinovich's Autoruns regularly to check your setup, I suggest you download it.'

You haven't read my advise on earlier posts. I advise to always use Autoruns.

Brilliant program.

'People are also subjectively very poor at judging speed. I'm not saying this to be argumentative or critical,'

If you are referring to me I would respectfully disagree with you with all due respect you cannot make such assumption based on a few posts.

' If you want your problems to be taken seriously you need to both provide objective evidence of problems and prove that they're not your fault for managing your system poorly.'

Believe me I've indeed posted to the AMD Issue Reporting section many times with detailed troubleshoots and workarounds. I contacted AMD direct by phone and was told that the issues were to be investigated.

If these particular posts ain't enough evidence of a driver issue at fault I don't know what could be.

AMD Fury X with The Settlers 3

AMD Fury X - Core Usage Fluctuation

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd like to interrupt here to say that The Settlers 3 is too old a game to dedicate any engineering resources to, as I've already said, so many time in the past.

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

So with that being said, I suppose I can safely assume that thinking you've been dedicating your time and resources on increasing performance in Commander Keen was poor judgement on my part...