Community Manager

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1

Please open a new thread to discuss your issue

0 Kudos
vabchgent
Adept II
Adept II

Thanks anyway got it . One of the registry entries did not change for some reason.

0 Kudos
deadlyseven
Adept II
Adept II

Tested 16.3.1 and while I still can't see the CrossFire option in Crimson, I used GPU-Z to verify its on. All my DX9 and 11 games seem to be working fine in Fullscreen  and the profiles are back. Profiles also seem to be applying correctly as I am finally getting Pre-Crimson FireStrike scores that I was not getting at all before and my games seem to be running smooth. Unfortunately I do not have the Division or Hitman to test their profiles out to see if it has resolved the flickering. Hope it helps out some other 295x2 users too.

xfx 295x2

i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz

thanks

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

In Crimson Crossfire is controlled at the GAME level, there are no longer any Global Crossfire options.

deadlyseven
Adept II
Adept II

Ah thank you! I totally forgot about that. Yup verified they are there. So far update has been good.

0 Kudos
sergius87
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Спасибо за свежие драйвера. быстро выпустили.

zasy99
Challenger
Challenger

I was just about to say that 16.3.1 is the first Crimson driver suite which works for me but alas my eyefinity setup is gone and trying to get it back resulted in 2 of my 4 monitors being shut off which took me over an hour to get back.

I have a 390x.

Prior to this crimson release the "radeon settings" would constantly crash every few minutes in the background.

Now, as I said my eyefinity setup was gone and when I went to set it up again the first time on the screen where it says choose your layout either a 3x1 or 1x3 it suddenly turned off 2 out of my 4 monitors and that's when the fun started.

I cannot set up eyefinity at all, now I get even less along in the process, in the first stage it says select the monitor to create en eyefinity group, all other will be disabled, that's the only option, sure enough when you select one monitor, (I select the one in the middle of the the three lower ones) when you hit next true to its word it shuts off the other monitors and the battle begins and multiple restarts to get them back on.

Not only that but what is with the Crimson config panel often bugging out and becoming unusable, its like it stops refreshing its windows, gets garbled artifacts and then becomes unusable forcing an alt+f4 and usually a restart to get it working again.

This Crimson has been a nightmare since day one, just when us 390x users got working CCC drivers for the 3xx series they were abandoned and now unusable Crimson drivers for a third of a year.

Yes, I do the whole DDU and clean out, believe me, when it comes to messing with this card and its drivers I have plenty of experience.

I have submitted plenty of reports to AMD stating about the none of the Crimson drivers having worked on my 390x properly as of yet, no resolution or acknowledgment thus far.

Can I go back to Catalyst once more, sure, but there will be a point where the 15.11.... will get left behind as new games come out for which optimizations and fixes are required..

Also, I need / want the freesync advantages of Crimson over Catalyst.

Last but not least, is it just me or is OpenGL performance far worse in Crimson?

0 Kudos
john007
Exemplar
Exemplar

So, tested the 16.3 drivers for one week. Results are shocking.

Constant stuttering with shader cache on or off. Random crashes with the driver. Low gpu usage. Massive frame drops. This is a mess with all due respect.

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RadeonSettings.exe
Application Version: 10.1.1.1622
Application Timestamp: 56de081e
Fault Module Name: Qt5Qml.dll
Fault Module Version: 5.5.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 558c716c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000123a9c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: dab9
Additional Information 2: dab9be497a18aabf96cca78752346ebd
Additional Information 3: 5d3f
Additional Information 4: 5d3f24c8c95db1f333acb435dec1f39d

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 170613679

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.1.1622, time stamp: 0x56de081e
Faulting module name: Qt5Qml.dll, version: 5.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x558c716c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000123a9c
Faulting process id: 0x87c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d17a9c6006fb3d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Qt5Qml.dll
Report Id: ef1d2581-e693-11e5-b288-10bf4883a819

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.1.1622, time stamp: 0x56de081e
Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x558c6b3a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000083250
Faulting process id: 0x8d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1813573d9b461
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Qt5Core.dll
Report Id: b55bfc9a-ed2e-11e5-8a94-10bf4883a819

Highly doubt this update will make any difference.

0 Kudos
john007
Exemplar
Exemplar

What exactly is this Qt5Core.dll activity?

Also why is this dll randomly crashing out on idle? The task manager shows Radeonsettings.exe memory fluctuating like crazy for no apparent reason(6,000k to 90,000k)? The unit is on idle and this process shouldn't be churning up memory like this.

0 Kudos
nospheratu
Challenger
Challenger

The new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1  driver still exhibits the consistently reproducible RSOD/BSOD in Windows 10.

The RSOD/BSOD can still be worked around by using the AFR Friendly Crossfire profile albeit with graphical anomalies on certain games such as flickering, washed out effect, etc.

Bug Check String  : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check Code    : 0x1000007e

Caused By Address : atikmdag.sys+35661 (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3.1)

Crash Address     : atikmdag.sys+3576a (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3.1)

Interestingly, I am getting the same crash error with RSOD/BSOD in Windows 7 (dual boot) intermittently and I cannot reproduce it consistently like in Windows 10. The crash address atikmdag.sys+3576a is exactly the same in Windows 7 (x64).

amdmatt, ray_m

In addition the "Show CrossfireX Status Icon (where applicable)" is no longer present under the Additional Settings->Crossfire tab (since 16.3). It's now located under Global Settings

0 Kudos