Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Highlights

Updated AMD Crossfire™ Profiles available for:

• Hitman™

Support for:

• Need for Speed™

Resolved Issues

• Installed or played games sometimes do not show up in the Radeon™ Settings “Gaming” tab.
  • Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer.
  • Intermittent hang sometimes experienced on UE4 applications.
  • Black screen or possible hang after launching Oculus Video Application.
  • DirectX®12 application frame rates are no longer locked to the refresh rate of the display panel.

Known Issues

• A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
  • FFXIV can experience black screen or application hang
  • The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
  • League of Legends® may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
  • Rift® may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync.
  • Plants vs Zombies™: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
  • Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
  • Hitman™ may experience poor AMD Crossfire™ scaling when “Super Sampling” is set to 1.5x.
  • Need for Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

96 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1

Okay, very nice, and for HD6850 ??

waiting so long time to play need for speed

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Hitman crossfire is still not working for me on my HD 7990. The Division has improved heaps, but yes as it says there is still flickering lights etc..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

As you have been having problems since pre 15.8 drivers. May be time to have a really hard look at problems that may relate to your set up.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

My system is not the latest and greatest but it does work well when crossfire is supported...

PSU 750w

CPU i5 3550 3.30Ghz

Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 Dual GPU 6GB DDR5

16GB DDR3

Gagabyte GA-H77M-D3H Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

but what about my msi 6990? x(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

supercruise in elite VR on AMD gpu is still broken

AMD LiquidVR team please look at this before VR launches to the world

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

This is a separate issue to the super cruise, but i thought you guys would be interested in what 'some' of the world thinks about AMD VR performance

https://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/405694115214752150/

VR Benchmarks: So viel Leistung brauchen Spiele (Seite 2) - ComputerBase

I don't use your FX CPU but i have always used your GPUs.

Super cruise is the most important feature that needs to work @75fps in able to actually play Elite.

please fix this my rig is currently worthless at the moment and all i want to do is explore the galaxy.

Elite: Dangerous

The space simulation Elite: Dangerous is the complete opposite. Anyone who knows the title as a classic desktop game and wants to play in the future in VR, needs the full graphic splendor in Preset Ultra an extremely fast PC: Only the GeForce GTX 980 Ti achieved constant frametimes below 11.1 ms. On all other graphics cards, the game is unplayable.

If you want me to test any VR software updates you are making please drop me a message on here.  I would love to be part of your future in VR i have all the hardware already so i'm not asking for any freebies. 

All the best

Ball bag

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I've already told you on another thread, the HD6xxx series has been moved to legacy status, hence there will be no new drivers or profiles released for this product.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

@ray_m any reason disabling ULPS no longer works with the 16.3.1 . Looks like my cards are crossfired but I cannot disable it.

0 Kudos