cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

piofran
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Auto-uninstall?

Hi there. i have a Lenovo notebook with AMD Ryzen 5 3500u with integrated graphic card Vega 8 for about an year now. And about 2 months now, every few days (between 2 and 10 days) i have a problem opening the AMD Software adrenalin 2020, in which i get this error: 

"Radeon Software and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)"

When this happens, all GFX Configuration stop working and FPS in games drop to 05-10. The only thing left to do is reinstall de drivers, so i do. I use the auto-detect AMD tool and download the necessary drivers, install them, and all works perfectly for a few days, until in random moment the screen goes black for like 15 secs, turns on again, and i get de error again. The only thing left to do is... reinstall! i did this like 7 times already... it's kind of annoying. I've tried the last functional driver and the last experimental driver and still happens. does anyone know why this is still happening to me?

Thanks for reading

0 Likes
3 Replies
piofran
Journeyman III

does anyone know why is still happening this? may be tips or ideas?

btw, mi pc is fully updated, windows, bios, etc etc

0 Likes

Sounds to me like Windows Update is messing with the AMD drivers. Have you set Win10 to delay/prevent Windows from changing/updating drivers?

0 Likes

Hi kingfish, thanks for the reply. i've finally received AMD support service via EMAIL, so i'm trying to fix the issue with their help. Btw, you were right, windows update is messing with AMD Drivers. 

Good luck

0 Likes