cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

darknothing
Adept II

Re: AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

Thanks for the fix, this actually worked for me aswell...

on a side note everyone needs to stay on topic.

0 Likes
wayper
Adept I

And on my compiuter 18.8.1 mause freze 5 sek but i bak on 18.3.2 and working just fine there is bug in 18.8.1

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Make sure you file an issue report with AMD for every new driver the issue persists.

0 Likes
sirskol
Journeyman III

I was able to fix this error ...

It is simple, just disconnect the HDCP on the HDMI monitor..

Sorry if I said something wrong .. I'm Brazilian hehehe!

ffleader1
Adept I

THANK YOU!
This issue has been driving me nuts.

AMD please fix this HDCP problem of yours. How van this driver problem went on so many months is beyond me lol

0 Likes
frank_mackey
Adept II

...but, without HDCP on hdmi, Netflix work only in SD.

0 Likes
Hardwood
Paragon

juliannb wrote:

Let's put this issue from a business perspective. Imagine a company has to rely on AMD devices to run their business. Imagine they have a problem like this that makes their entire business come to a halt and they have to wait for the next update for it to be fixed (and even then, the solution is not guaranteed). Is the company willing to wait for over 2 months until this issue is fixed? Of course not! They would find the quickest solution to their problem, and here is where the problem lies.

Hold it a sec., that's a pretty weak argument. My company wouldn't use optional/beta drivers. That's what WHQL drivers are for. And I sure wouldn't allow monthly updating.

There is a process in validating fixes once they're identified and something like this isn't really high on the list as it's not present in the last non optional driver. Anyhow, once identified and fixed it goes out to beta testers to make sure the fix doesn't screw with something else. It takes time.

As for the HDCP workaround, I have one DVI, one HDMI, and one display port which is the only monitor offering to override, and disabling HDCP isn't there, so I'm glad it helps some of you. For now, 18.3.4 is working just fine.

And lastly, if you've moved on from AMD to Nvidia then why are you here? Trolling?

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASUS ROG STRIX RX580 8G Gaming, Antec Truepower new 700w. 16GB
benman2785
Big Boss

correct - he thinks that business need latest drivers (so their employees could play newest games in their breaks);
while in reality most bigger companies have a service-provider that tests new drivers on a similar HW for similar work before these got patched into all pcs

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
hugo12317
Journeyman III

Helo i have a problem with lastest two AMD GPU drivers, i bought new PC, on old PC same problem like on new  with oldest driver too

I using clone of my

workspace, i send picture to  LCD iyama Pro Lite XB2783HSU *HDMI, Samsung Smart TV UJ6200 *HDMI to Asus Asus Rog Strix OC 8GB

My rig is here:

AMD Ryzen 2700X

Hyper X Predator 8+8GB *3,2Ghz

AMD RX 480 (Asus Rog Strix OC 8GB)

FPU:FractalDesign Edison M 650W

Can u help me i try everything.

All drivers under 18.8.1 is OK but in new better performance, but this problem on big screen is frustrating.

Thankyou and greetings from  from czech republic James

videos here:

OK

AMD driver 17.7 - YouTube

Little freeze,lags

Amd Driver 18.6.1 - YouTube

More Freeze PC, Mouse lags

Amd Driver 18.8.1 Frezze-Lags Mouse - YouTube

0 Likes
juliannb
Adept II

It's just an example, dude, don't assume things.

0 Likes