cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cyberjip
Adept I

Re: AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

I now installed the new 18.8.1 driver but the result is still the same as i described 13 july 2018 after installing the 18.7.1 driver.

It's going on to long for now before they fix the issue and i'm getting at the point to buy a new videocard because this really takes to long.

The only thing that keepes me from doing it is the price and that the RX480 without issues is good enough for me, but only until there comes a new game and i need to update the drivers tot the latest version and it still will not work good.

What changed since the 18.3.3 driver, because that's the last driver that works best for me until now and that driver is from march this year.

0 Likes
juliannb
Adept II

Not that it matters to me anymore, but I'm not surprised that this issue is still not fixed with the new update.

I have changed to a new brand of GPU and I'm not suffering this anymore. In case this is fixed at some point, I will change this topic to solved.

0 Likes
dese
Newcomer

Probably going to switch Brands too, AMD is a joke lol

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're still working on addressing this issue with a high priority, sorry folks.

frank_mackey
Adept II

There is a workaround to use 18.8.1?

I have 3 monitor (no problem with 18.5.2).

Thank you.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

a joke is Intels and Nvidias market practice

there is a reason Intel had to pay 1bil as punishment fee in EU
Nvidias GameWorks is Anti-Gamer!

back 2 topic:
did you tried a different mouse?

like i heard some mouse didnt use standards
also try different usb port
so maybe its the chipset that collides with gpu driver

also open taskmgr and tell how high load of "system interrupts" is

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
wickex
Journeyman III

I finally found a solution that fixed it for me!!

To start off, I have three displays. My main monitor is connected via HDMI, my second monitor via DVI, and my third via VGA -> DisplayPort. I have an RX 470.

I was on 18.5.1 first and updated to 18.8.1 to see if the issue was fixed, but it wasn't. I then started experimenting with my displays and discovered that when I would disconnect my second monitor that was connected via DVI, the issue was gone. When taking the HDMI-cable out of my main monitor and plugging it into the second monitor so it was connected again, but with a different connection type, the issue came back. In other words, it looks like the combination of the drivers and that specific display was causing the issue for me.

I then started experimenting. When disabling the monitor in my software with the cables still attached, the issue was also gone. Then, I discovered the steps that fixed the issue for me. I did the following:

- I opened my AMD Radeon Settings

- I went to the Display tab and went to the display that was causing the issues

- I pressed the 'Specs' button

- I went to the Override tab

- I disabled HDCP Support

I have no idea what it is, but after disabling it, my issue was resolved.

I hope this helps someone!

benman2785
Big Boss

did you try to install correct driver for your display? can maybe help in your case

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
darknothing
Adept II

im not doing any work arounds, amd can fix there drivers...

i shouldn't have to do a thing BESIDES a clean install, end of story.

BUT i will admit i have my main desplayDVI, and 2 TV's attached HDMI, hope that helps amd fix this issue, for now ill stick with 18.3.3 drivers.

0 Likes
f0x
Adept I

Intel and Nvidia are oligopoly-profiteering anti-consumer crooks BUT that fact does not give AMD a leaway for anti-consumer practices and engineering incompetence.

What kind of insane "advices" of blind fanaticism are those: change your multiple monitor, change your gaming mice and your motherboard ? And about hardware that worked fine on previous version of the drivers and works fine on Linux. Also, it was said multiple times for months that there is no visible spikes in CPU load and interrupts.