ejuck
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

mine is 18.7.1 still the same issue

0 Likes
tyra_pululi
Journeyman III

Same issue here after updating to 18.7.1, rollback to 18.1.5 and nothing, upgraded to 18.6.1 with no changes. The problem is that I dont know what drivers and adrenaline version I had before the first update.

I have 3 screens connected to my rx 480, 2 monitors and a tv.

The issue only appears when I have windows set to extend monitor and not all of them are on.

After going to display properties, and select -> disconnect the tv the lag disappeared.

Is not a perfect solution but at least I can work again on 2 screens.

Hope it helps

0 Likes
ldarkio
Journeyman III

Hi guys,

I'm actually on the v18.5.1 of the driver and i have no probrem, when i update to v18.7.1 the problem appear, and i can't use my computer or play video games, so i stay on the v18.5.1 stable for me.

But i don't have 3 screen, i have 2 screen connected to my rx 480, when i turn of one of my two screen the problem stay here.

They will fix it soon ? AMD communicate about this ?

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you will understand me correctly,

thanks

0 Likes
javierabadie
Adept II

I dont have this problem with 18.5.1, but yes with the latest driver 18.7.1. I need a different driver than 18.5.1 because this driver have problems with Fortnite and 18.7.1 have mouse freezes when I move it.

EDIT: When I connected 3 screen on my gpu I have this problem with 18.5.1 too. With 2 screen I didn't have. With 2 screen on 18.7.1 I have.

juliannb
Adept II

This has been around for 2 months! How is this issue not resolved yet?! This is absolutely unacceptable and I'm very upset and disappointed, let alone the other issue I'm having with their damn video encoder.

I'm obligated to move to another GPU brand, because this is going for far too long already. Even if they fix it by the time I get one, I don't care, AMD has proven to be unreliable.

lordchaoz
Adept I

Exactly my thoughts ...

0 Likes
lhorace
Adept II

Patience is a virtue, but I agree with the sentiment. Revert what cause the problem, give us a hot fix, fix the problem on your time. Instead of us, just sitting here, and suffering. Unless, they are unable to bisect the cause.

0 Likes
juliannb
Adept II

They are well aware about this issue, which gives me hope, but seeing that nothing has changed every since isn't the best news, is it? And I'm growing tired of this.

At least that GPU works great for mining...

0 Likes
chiken1232
Adept I

just download a older driver and its fixed and then wait until they fix it it can be hard to locate an issue like this

0 Likes
juliannb
Adept II

That is exactly what I've done and I've been waiting for this issue to be fixed for over 2 months, and it's not the only issue I have. AMD's VCE encoder is unreliable and I haven't found a solution to this either.

I've given up hopes already, I'm moving to another brand.

0 Likes