cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

Nothing will get fixed by talking to each other. If you want AMD to be aware of a problem, you have to report it to them. This is a user-to-user forum...as stated.

Report issues to AMD:

AMD Issue Reporting Form

and/or

Email Form

imaysky
Adept II

Check please with new drivers 18.5.2.

0 Likes
rushrvt
Adept II

i wish have some feedback if someone tested new drivers, im tired to try.. i just want final results... thx..

0 Likes
imaysky
Adept II

Here is a video of the evidence of this problem. In the beginning, I demonstrate freezing when the crossfire is off. Then I turn on the crossfire and as you see there are no problems.

bandicam 2018 06 01 20 15 04 484 - YouTube

rushrvt
Adept II

About new driver > Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.5.2-May29 , same problem, in end of instalation, i got blackscreen, i just forced reboot, when windows started again, drivers seens instaled but with same freezing problem..

okuma_10
Adept II

same here. Someone said that 17.7.2 does not give them issues, so I reverted back to this driver.I'm a new user and I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that my first experience with radeon cards was going around trying to find a working driver.

It's interesting that when clicking on a window, and dragging it, the freezing stops.

0 Likes
blaked
Journeyman III

I have this same problem. My mouse stutters all the time. I added a mouse trail which corrects the problem in Windows but the problem persists in games. Uninstalling the driver instantly correct the problem. I am a little disappointed. I have only ever used AMD (and ATI) cards. One the great things is the drivers were always solid. 

0 Likes
rushrvt
Adept II

i found a temporary fix for we use while AMD release fixed drivers!

Cursor lag due to amd drivers FIXED - YouTube

locodicegr
Miniboss

Update your motherboard Bios.

0 Likes
okuma_10
Adept II

Motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest for my motherboard. The last BIOS update is from 2014. That might be it. But if Gygabite does not feel the need to update that motherboard BIOS...I'm pretty much stuck.

0 Likes