cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eslozano
Adept I

AMD Radeon Settings OC Settings won't Run on Start-up

Hi guys! I'm running a BTC mining rig using RX6800 cards and I'm having a problem with my overclock settings not  running on system start-up. I searched the AMD software but can't seem to find any option to run my settings on start-up (or I'm just missing it). I got 2x RX6800, MSI B360-f Pro motherboard, and run on Windows 10. As of know, I need to load the profile every time the system restarts.

I hope someone here can help me. Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Just wanna give everyone an update here. I read somewhere that the fastboot option in the bois settings must be turned off for the OC settings to properly load - and it did. It works perfectly now so this problem is now solved. I appreciate the help from you guys. Thank a lot!  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

Use MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 beta 4 or newer version and check the option to override driver settings. 

Also, I hope your system catches fire while mining when you sleep and you burn alive screaming in agony, [censored] miner. 

Hi EFermi,

Well, thanks a lot. I just discovered that my MSI Afterburner doesn't support my card yet so I downloaded ver. 4.6.3 beta 5 as it claims that that version already supports my card - and it did.

I understand the hate for miners and yet you still helped. You're a nice person, I appreciate it. Thank you very much.

caleb_cruze
Adept II

Install an Older Version of the Driver
Since Windows 10 sometimes automatically updates some of your drivers when a new version of the OS is installed, users have reported that the newest graphics card driver was the culprit to blame and they suggested that restoring an earlier version actually helped them troubleshoot. Since the problem is usually handled in the next update, this can be a good temporary method in order to get it to work.

Click the Start menu button, type in “Device Manager” afterward, and select it from the list of available results by simply clicking the first one. You can also tap the Windows Key + R key combo in order to bring up the Run dialog box. Type in “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and click OK in order to run it.

Since it’s the video card driver you want to update on your computer, expand the Display adapters section, right-click on your graphics card and choose the Uninstall Device

Confirm any dialogues or prompts which may ask you to confirm the uninstallation of the current graphics device driver and wait for the process to complete.

Look for your graphics card driver on AMD’s Input the required information about the card and your operating system and click on Search.

A list of all available drivers should appear. Make sure you scroll down until you reach the required entry, click on its name and the Download button afterward. Save it to your computer, open it, and follow the instructions on-screen in order to install it. Check to see if AMD Radeon Settings works now!

Regards,
Caleb

Thanks. I'll try this one when I get home. The newer version of afterburner works, however, it doesn't have an option to set the memory timing to "Fast Timing"unlike the Radeon Software. Thanks again!

0 Likes

Just wanna give everyone an update here. I read somewhere that the fastboot option in the bois settings must be turned off for the OC settings to properly load - and it did. It works perfectly now so this problem is now solved. I appreciate the help from you guys. Thank a lot!  

Please mark your own answer as correct. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Hi. Already did. Apologies as I was new to this forum. Thanks!