cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wakkowarner
Newcomer

AMD Radeon Settings Gaming Settings Don't Apply Properly

I try to apply custom settings to any game, but none of the custom profiles I make seem to actually apply or change anything. I've tried deleting all of the scanned profiles and making new ones, but it still doesn't work properly. It says the profiles are enabled, but it doesn't apply any of the settings I choose (Vsync, AntiAliasing, etc.). Anything I might be doing wrong?

0 Likes
7 Replies

FRTC setting in game profiles is broken in all recent driver versions. It will work correctly if set in the "Global" settings.

Vsync settings in Wattman have no effect in a DX game. Set that in the game itself.

How to Configure AMD Radeon™ Settings to Get an Optimal Gaming Experience

Note! Wait for Vertical Refresh only works OpenGL 3D applications. When using other APIs such as DirectX® or Vulkan®, VSync is controlled via the 3D application graphics settings.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. This time I tried what you suggested and chose the

settings under General, but it's still didn't seem to apply any of the

settings I chose.

0 Likes

What settings are those? And supply > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

What drivers are you using might be a driver or was OS you using. Its weird as if your setting in Global settings should what ever you set should lock on & be added.

0 Likes

Radeon Software Version - 18.4.1

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1266 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor

0 Likes
nebelweiss
Journeyman III

did u solve the Problem? i have the same Problem.

0 Likes
temurzyn
Adept II

I just doesn't work since 2020 drivers and nobody cares. Cant even return my GPU since bad driver policy is not recognized as faulty product by laws in my country.

0 Likes