cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

leruye
Journeyman III

AMD radeon settings cant be opened

My laptop is an ASUS X550IU which has dual-graphic R7 intergrated and an RX460 in it. I tried to update my driver from my old driver which i got from the disk that come with the laptop which is Crimson ver 16.2 if im not wrong (V21.19.128.4 2016/10/26 Chipset Driver). and i tried to upgrade it to recent version (Adrenaline 18.2.1) and it successfully updated, but whenever i opened up my AMD Radeon Settings, it cant be opened. sometimes there's nothing appear at all, but sometime it tells me that there is no amd card installed on my laptop, or this amd driver isnt compatible or something like that. what should i do? Thnx

0 Likes
5 Replies

This is how you download the correct driver for your laptop;

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

I did what you've mentioned, but still it doesnt work. When i opened radeon settings it says "Radeon Settings are currently not available, please try again after connecting AMD Graphics" just like before

0 Likes
leruye
Journeyman III

so if i install it, will the rx460 works?

0 Likes

Most laptops use custom graphics drivers for their laptops. It is always recommended to only load drivers from the company that made your notebook/laptop. The vanilla drivers on the AMD site may not have the optimizations/changes need to work on your hardware do to custom configuration changes implemented by the manufacturer. These things are beyond AMD's control.

--------------

Now that I have that obligatory statement out of the way. I have had issues in the past with the radeon settings not showing up. I have always been able to fix this by using DDU Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.3  from safe mode then reinstalling the driver.  Just reinstalling won't do it. You have to get all the old stuff out of the way first. But be warned this is a step that can get you into trouble if you laptop maker did something custom and you remove it. I looked on the Asus site and apparently they have not updated the driver since 2016, that's too bad. This is why so many people just can't recommend any laptop for gaming or workstation graphics unless they are explicitly sold that way and have a track record of real support. That leaves out most major manufacturers. I think they think you should just go buy a new one, and most probably will out of frustration.

0 Likes