cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nmherr93
Journeyman III

Amd Radeon RX 6500 XT

Hey there just got yesterday the AMD Radeon 6500 XT and im having Problems getting the driver installed for it. Im on a Freshly setup Windows 10 Pro 64bit System and now when installing the Software and the Driver it first crashes into Windows Diagnostic Mode and afterwards in Device Manager it just shows the Windows Basic Adapter Display Name instead of the Cards Name. Does someone has a solution for that??

Kind regards

Nick

0 Likes
7 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Try doing a re install with the factory reset option in the driver installation window turn on for a clean install.

If you were running Invidia before or 3rd party GPU controller like MSI afterburner uninstall them first.

If you have a MOBO with onboard video disable those video drivers before installing new GPU drivers.

Make sure you are downloading from AMD.com.

Check windows update if you have any .Net Framework pending install those before the GPU software.

Check you MOBO support site for any CPU Chipset driver updates and check your BIOS update list for any BIOS version that would better support your new GPU.

Pause windows updates while installing the GPU drivers Microsoft has been installing their display drivers over AMD WHQL display drivers and the only way I found to solve this issue was via regedit that blocks Microsoft from installing their AMD drivers.

well i uninstalled nvidia Drivers with ddu before then i put in the new card with a hdmi to vga adapter. Maybe the Adapter is the Problem ?! cause everything else is updated to its newest version and also Integrated Graphics are disabled in Bios... 

Yes I have seen many people on this site state that they found the problem was being caused by DVI/HDMI converters.

It's been about 6 years since I used one but from what I remember is that if the converter wasn't setting on the connection just right you could get no signals black screen with or without audio strange screen flickering/flashing. 

Basically just a host of annoying issues. I suggest a DVI/HDMI converter box that has its own power connection outside the PC. This is the only stable form of DVI/HDMI converters I've used in the past. They do cost more though. The last I saw is they averaged $60 to $120 US and that was just for the base line 2 to 4 port models.

Try setting something nonconductive under the converter to find that sweet spot and keep a stable signal. Are as we say from my neck of the woods a little redneck ingenuity can get you where your going. 

0 Likes
TermiteChiu
Journeyman III

Got the same problem, black screen after installing driver

0 Likes
PapaPc
Journeyman III

I had crash, reboot and diagnostic screen issues when trying to use automatically find the right driver.  I had to manually download the driver which is not microsoft whol approved and that gave me best consistent usage.  Took awhile to try that.  Hope you have good luck with yours.

0 Likes

It was the last part I needed for my build. The gigabyte oc variant for $299. Yes the card sucks, but it’s better than every other card on the market at $300 when it’s selling at near msrp while other cards are 2-3x more expensive than msrp. I really hope I can get my hands on the 3050 next week but if I can’t this card will be used. The market has terrible options, but this card is one of the better options out of the terrible when it was at msrp.

0 Likes
sabinapple
Journeyman III

For my case, i upgraded from pcie3 card, so windows became mix colors and crash. 

Even with rx6500xt 2022 feb drivers. I need a fresh window 10/11 installation.

If you have integrated graphics, be sure ti enter bios to set pci as primary graphics before starting to install Windows, then followed by rx6500xt graphics driver. 

0 Likes