cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bozhev
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series display driver has stopped responding and has recovered issue

I'd been having this issue since FIFA 19, but now it has become worse. Every time I play the game, it randomly crashes. Sometimes It can take 5 min, sometimes I can play 2-3 hours without interruption. Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered  is the window, that usually pops up after the crash, but not always.

My video card is AMD Radeon R9 200 Series on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I always update the drivers and also tried some fixes like adjusting the visual effects for better performance and also modified the registry entry. Nothing seems to be working.

I would appreciate any help, because right now it is almost impossible to play online. I practically lose every match.

0 Likes
4 Replies
malex1234
Adept I

Random crashes often point to a hardware issue. Did you check temperatures of the card? Have you cleaned the card from dust regularly? Also given the R9 200 is a fairly old chipset the card may have simply reached the end of its life cycle.

0 Likes

I am not sure that the issue is direcly linked to the hardware, because this problem occurs only while playing FIFA 19 and 20 and before that on rare occasions -  Battlefiled 1. For the last few months I played Hitman, Total War and Assasins Creed Odyssey without any problems. 

0 Likes

I see. It's difficult to determine the problem but I still wouldn't rule out defective hardware. So I would definitely check for temperature spikes if you haven't done this already.

Apart from that what you could do, and what is certainly worth a shot, is to make a clean reinstall of the amd drivers. You can find a tutorial here: Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes
icrysysi
Journeyman III

Solution, your welcome
"https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/games_windows_10/soluci%c3%b3n-el-controlador-de-pantalla-dej%c3%b3/c2f1eb8c-f0c5-4d11-bdd6-b2cbe466453b?tm=1574696060739"
Engipi

0 Likes