cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aman_abdu
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon r7 m440(ddr3 4gb) driver update or which driver to install..??

Hi there, I am using HP notebook (15-ay122ne) which has i7 7th gen, 8gb ram, amd radeon r7 m440 (ddr3 4gb) dedicated graphics card, i am not getting any driver update from the manufacture for my graphics card for past 2-3 years so i manualy downloaded and installed from amd site the latest driver and after that its showing my graphics card is downgraded from m440 to m340, i don't know why is that happening, so i revert back drivers because not to cause any problem.

so please any one tell, which is best leatest driver my laptop or is the new amd driver adrenalin is good option.

iam telling this because most of the games are lagging(fps is dropping in between while playing) in my laptop.

games like fifa, gta 5 (these games are in low graphics settings), i thought due to old driver(current driver date is 2017)

so please tell which driver version is better for my laptop.

So kindly please any one tell this how to fix.

thank you

#amd radeon m440#amd radeon r7 m440 4 gb#amd radeon m440 problemas#discrete video card is defined as amd radeon r7 m440

3 Replies

0 Likes

If the new drivers are working then you are fine. You were not downgraded from m440 to m340. You always had a m340. The m440 is a rebadge of the m340. Meaning the exact same specs. HP edits their driver to show the advertised current name. The AMD vanilla driver goes off the hardware ID which is what it was when the card was introduced. 

If you are hung up on a name then return to the HP driver. If not don't worry about it. Nothing about your performance should be negated, unless HP made other changes to THEIR driver that are not present in the AMD driver. 

0 Likes

Also found this same question answered back in 2016 and they found the same thing, it is the same GPU.

https://community.amd.com/thread/205404