cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

milewap
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon R2 Graphics software

Thanks @elstaci on the help I need again,I took it off drivers package for Windows 7 x64 Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 10 x64.
.But now I can't find the,chipset drivers.
Because I would download chipset drivers
for,Windows 7 x64 Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 10 x64.Mostly because I have it now obsolete,
AMD PSP 1.0 Device driver.Thanks for any help in advance...

M.M.
0 Likes
1 Solution

I needed to find the thread where I assisted you.

If you are talking about your Laptop with the E1-6010 APU processor there are no Laptop AMD Chipsets to download. In this case you will need to go to your laptop's Support site and see if they have a newer version of the AMD Chipset to download.

If the PSP Driver is the only one that your are having problems with, go into Device Manager, and uninstall it. Then reboot and see if the correct PSP driver was installed without any errors.

Or you can install again the AMD Laptop chipset you have from your Laptop Support site.

Not sure if you can update the PSP driver by downloading the only Laptop Chipset drivers from AMD then using 7-Zip to extract the files from the AMD Chipset Installer without installing it. Then use Device Manager and guide it to the folder that has the drivers in it. Device Manager will automatically scan the folder and install the PSP driver. But you need to do this through the PSP driver in Device Manager.

But like I mentioned I don't know if that will work or not. Make sure you make a Restore Point before updating the PSP driver in case you have any problem afterwards.

I wouldn't run the AMD Laptop CHIPSET installer since it is for a more modern Motherboard and may prevent your laptop from booting up afterwards due to being incompatible.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I needed to find the thread where I assisted you.

If you are talking about your Laptop with the E1-6010 APU processor there are no Laptop AMD Chipsets to download. In this case you will need to go to your laptop's Support site and see if they have a newer version of the AMD Chipset to download.

If the PSP Driver is the only one that your are having problems with, go into Device Manager, and uninstall it. Then reboot and see if the correct PSP driver was installed without any errors.

Or you can install again the AMD Laptop chipset you have from your Laptop Support site.

Not sure if you can update the PSP driver by downloading the only Laptop Chipset drivers from AMD then using 7-Zip to extract the files from the AMD Chipset Installer without installing it. Then use Device Manager and guide it to the folder that has the drivers in it. Device Manager will automatically scan the folder and install the PSP driver. But you need to do this through the PSP driver in Device Manager.

But like I mentioned I don't know if that will work or not. Make sure you make a Restore Point before updating the PSP driver in case you have any problem afterwards.

I wouldn't run the AMD Laptop CHIPSET installer since it is for a more modern Motherboard and may prevent your laptop from booting up afterwards due to being incompatible.