cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

basswave
Journeyman III

AMD radeon hd 8750m Driver update problem , computer freezes, have to reinstall windows.

Hey there, so yea as the title says, I've been trying to update my graphics card recently. I used the automatic detection tool and everything was fine, the driver was updating and then the computer froze. I had to force restart it and then the loading screen (that circle loading screen) froze as well. My only option was reinstalling windows.

I then tried again, with the automatic detection, the same thing happened. Reinstalled windows etc etc.

So I decided to actually search for my graphics card, which is an AMD Radeon HD 8750m. I found it, got the patch and bam, it froze again... so I reinstalled windows again.

I really really don't want to reinstall my windows again haha so if anyone knows a solution I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lmarcelus
Adept I

I have a temporary fix for you guys.

• Make a clean install of Windows 10 1083 and DONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. NEVER. Complete offline installation.
  • On Windows, extract the driver 18.6.1, dont install.
  • Go to the extracted folder AMD/WIN10-64Bit-Radeon.../Package/Drivers/Display/WT6A_INF/Open the file .INF (C0329759.inf for me)
    Find and replace the following keys: Dont copy from here, find it on the file, it have a series of spaces between the words that must be replaced correctly.

Find: EnableUlps_NA, %REG_SZ%, 1
    Replace by: EnableUlps_NA, %REG_SZ%, 0
    e

Find: EnableUlps %REG_DWORD%, 1
    Replace by: EnableUlps %REG_DWORD%, 0

Respect the quantity of space between selected words, os else it wont work. DONT CTRL+C FROM HERE. After all the 1 are changed to 0 disabling ULPS, save the file and close it.

• Now reboot Win10 on enforced driver signature mode TURNED OFF.
  • Install the driver extracted and modified.
  • Reboot.
  • Profit.

It worked for me, I have Win10 1083 up to date with Radedon 18.6.3.

View solution in original post

15 Replies