Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

HH_RaSeL
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M GPU install, stuck windows

Hello There!

I am Facing some issues while Installing AMD GPU drivers

Here's the Story:

I have a processor of 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3230M (2.6 GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores) with 8GB RAM.
Integrated Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Discrete Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8750M, with 2GB dedicated DDR3 video memory

A week ago I installed fresh window (Win 10 64 bit pro). So everything is fine Ultra New For me Now.

I installed Intel GPU drivers, It's working Cool and fine but when I installed AMD GPU Drivers From AMD site "AUTO DETECTION AND INTSALL. but now it showing AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M Series" (MIND I have AMD REDEON HD 8750M series GPU)

While installing AMD drivers my laptop got stuck Then I powered off my laptop by holding switched off button for 3-5 second then I restart it manual, My laptop stuck at welcome screen, I switched off and start again But issue remain same( laptop stuck at welcome screen) I tried it 4-5 time but there was no change

I said to myself that may be windows get corrupted (though it was new) then I again installed new window ( win 10 64 bit pro) and again downloaded and installed drivers then again same things happened with me as I described above since I assured that there is not issue with my processor and windows, there is something wrong with AMD GPU Drivers So I powered off my laptop and BOOT it into safe mode then I went to device manager and uninstalled AMD divers and device then I restart my laptop on normal mode, Hopefully my laptop didn't stuck at welcome button So I deleted everything from my windows that's was related to AMD then I installed Drivers again but again there is no change (same things happened in a row as i discussed above

Again I open my laptop in safe mode and disable AMD GPU Now everything is going fit and fine If I enable my drivers then windows will be stuck again!

Let me know what should I do in that situation??

Any body help would be highly appreciated

Thanks,

Rasel

NOTE: Sorry for bad English because English is not our native language, I Hope you could understand my problem

4 Replies

First AMD stopped supporting the HD series GPU cards. The last driver is from 06/21/2021. So if in the future you need a newer driver than 06/2021 you are out of luck unless your laptop manufacturer creates one.

Here is the latest last HD8750M AMD Driver for your mobile GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8750m...

Also when you install AMD basic laptop drivers most of the time it won't show the exact GPU model in your laptop. It would show the Series or Family of GPU you have installed. Many times it will show a different GPU installed but it will be the same series or family so the driver will be compatible.

Download the full AMD Driver package and use DDU in safe mode with the internet disconnected to install the AMD driver.

Also all of your Intel drivers, especially the Intel Graphics and CHIPSET drivers must be the latest installed. Also make sure you have the latest laptop BIOS version installed.

But the best thing to do is install your Laptop's Support AMD Graphics driver which is 100% compatible and will correctly show your GPU model installed.

See if by installing the laptop's Support AMD driver the laptop starts working correctly.

You Intel Processor is compatible with Windows 10 (Ivy League 3rd Generation).

0 Likes

I tried your solution but now when i try to boot my device it says "performing automatic repair" and my windows does not boot up. what should i do?

0 Likes
Shumma
Journeyman III

Hi. I had a same problem like you said. but after a hardwork i installed amd software 21.5.2. first you need to install amd crimson edition. then install crimson Re-Live. after that, you can install amd adrenalin. Note: (Dont enable Reset Option while installing amd adrenalin). its little hard to find and download these 3 version. but i installed after doing this. Sorry for my bad english like you. and I'm not able register to this website. because i am 13 years old.

0 Likes
Parzival1
Journeyman III

BRO, OMG i have the same issue, i literally have the same specs as your laptop and im facing the same exact issue. i got this issue after using the amd auto detect tool as well

0 Likes