cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yuruchiki
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M freezes windows

It was working fine and I can use it before the update. I installed the driver restart my laptop, it showed the windows logo and there this loading thingy wait for a bit and then it froze. I had to disable the driver to use my laptop.

0 Likes
4 Replies
caleb_cruze
Adept II

Repair Corrupt System Files
Download and run Restoro to scan and repair corrupt/missing files from here, if files are found to be corrupt and missing repair them and then see if the system still freezes if it does, move onto the next Method below.

Update Graphics/Video Drivers
Many drivers that are written for Windows 7 and Windows 8.x work fine with Windows 10. However, if you have installed your old drivers with Windows 10 or if they were carried over from the previous install of Windows 7/8/Vista, then we’ll need to upgrade them first.

There are two ways to do this, the first one is to update via Device Manager and the second one is to update from the manufacturer’s site.

Hold the Windows Key and Press X. Choose Device Manager and navigate to Display adapters. Right-click your graphics card name, (write down the name of the adapter on a paper as well) and then Choose Update driver software -> Search automatically for updated driver software -> And proceed with the instructions on the screen. If the driver is found and updated, reboot PC and then test for a while to see if it still hangs or freezes, if it does then go to the manufacturer’s site, and download the drivers from there and install them, reboot and test. Once you’ve updated the graphics driver and the issue persists, update the audio driver in the same way and test.

Regards,
Caleb

0 Likes

I'm too poor for restoro and when I did "sfc /scannow" nothing was corrupted, so when I enabled the driver again it still freezes windows. I will do the 2nd method and which one "realtek" or "intel display audio".

0 Likes

I did tried 2nd method the problem still persist and I tried to update my audio drivers but idk how so, I just downloaded the 2 things in the realtek site. could you give a link where to download the drivers.

0 Likes

i also have same issues my  GPU is amd hd 8600m and when i download adrenalin drivers it stucks at 93 or freeze i have to manually turn off my pc and when i turn it on it always freezes so i have to use safe mode i also deleted amd folder but didnt work so i set registry key (EnableULPS) to 0 then restarted and it worked

0 Likes