cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

boybroccoli
Adept I

AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card and Radeon Software not connecting.

Hi all, 

I hope all is well :).

I'm new to computer hardware, so I'm still learning. But for the past two weeks I've been getting random blue screens with this at the bottom; "WHEA Uncorrectable_error". I did a bunch of research and checked to update my drives, and saw I needed an update for my AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series. (p.s. i hadn't gotten the blue screens till using dual monitors).

I recently updated it to the 27.20.21026.2006 version. However, since doing that, I'm unable to open my Radeon Software, I get a warning of "Radeon Software and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s)". I find this odd because the Radeon Software is updated to the latest version, 21.5.2. I'm not a gamer, so I don't mind too much I'm unable to use it (though it's nice when everything runs smoothly). I just want no more blue screens. 

Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v3 @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

Installed RAM: 64.0 GB

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Specs:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 21H2

OS Build: 19044.1469

Dual Monitors:

Display 1: 

boybroccoli_1-1643551718596.pngconnected through a display port.

Display 2:

boybroccoli_2-1643551778169.pngconnected through an hdmi port.

Any thoughts and ideas would be gladly appreciated :). 

-BoyBroccoli

0 Likes
1 Solution

The HD 7000 series GPU cards are now considered to be legacy and not supported with any more AMD Driver updates. The last supported driver for your GPU card is from 06/21/2021.

Any AMD driver newer than 06.2021 will not be 100% compatible with your GPU card. 

Try installing a previous AMD Driver for your HD 7700 series GPU card. It uses the same Driver for all 7700 series GPU cards: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Latest driver is 22.1.2, get it from here AMD Radeon Graphics Drivers (22.1.2 WHQL) Download | TechPowerUp 

Thank you! Probably I best I first uninstall the Radeon Software I have eh?

0 Likes

The HD 7000 series GPU cards are now considered to be legacy and not supported with any more AMD Driver updates. The last supported driver for your GPU card is from 06/21/2021.

Any AMD driver newer than 06.2021 will not be 100% compatible with your GPU card. 

Try installing a previous AMD Driver for your HD 7700 series GPU card. It uses the same Driver for all 7700 series GPU cards: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd...

Right on, thank you. I ended up downloading the HD 7750 Previous Drive- Adrenalin 21.4.1 version :).

Quick question, if I have the 7700 series driver, do I update it to this to get the 7750?

0 Likes

All HD 77xx drivers are the same.

0 Likes

So if I have a 7700 series driver installed right now, I just install the latest 77xx download? Is there any downloads that my 7700 series driver can handle?

0 Likes

The HD7xxx GPU cards are not supported with Driver updates anymore from AMD. Most likely all the HD 7xxx Drivers are the same one.

So whatever last AMD driver is listed for your GPU card that is it. No more newer drivers.

But can use previous Drivers from that same AMD Download page if you want to downgrade your GPU driver for any reasons.