cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

benlevesque5
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series 6 monitors. 5 monitors work but the 6th one can't work

Hello,

I have a ThinkStation with a Intel core i7-9700 300 ghz 8 cores, 32G RAM and the AMD Radeon HD 7700 running on Win 10 Pro 64 bit with Radeon 20.12.1 Adrenalin installed.

Attempting to extend the sixth monitor within Windows Display settings comes up with an error: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."

Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Reply
dspdon
Journeyman III

It's been a coupld months, did you solve your problem?  If not, a few details on your setup may help.  I assume you have never achieved 6 monitors running, only 5 working so far.

Connections:  Are you using passive cables on any of the miniDP output ports?  Be specific: how many have passive cables (and if so, are they miniDP-to-DP?), and how many have active adapters (and if so, are they miniDP-to-HDMI or something else?).

Monitors: Are all the same?  Are you using DP, miniDP, HDMI or other inputs?  Uniform for all or differing on some?  Any DP-MST daisy chaining?

Specifics may help for others (like me) to compare setups and offer advice.

0 Likes