Hey. I have a problem that I tried to solve for 1 week. I have a old laptop that named "HP Pavilion G6 1309et". Problem is, I can't use the GPU driver that works on the past month.
I tried these things:
- I uninstalled drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and I installed the latest "Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta" driver. That didn't work for me. Games doesn't play on high performance. Normally i get 30 FPS on Payday2 but now i get 20 FPS.
- I did the same thing again but I installed the "15.7.1" one. Now when I go into a game: game works on the onboard GPU (Intel HD Graphics 3000). It's even worse. Games work on 10 FPS. Even on GTA San Andreas.
- I tried to uninstall drivers on control panel and device manager. Now on device manager my GPU has a yellow warning sign on it. And it became "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". I tried to update on device manager. That didn't worked either.
- I tried to change switchable graphics on BIOS. (Fixed, Dynamic). Didn't worked.
- I tried to install older drivers on my notebook's website. (Really old. Like 8 years old.)
You left out the most important thing...What OS?
If it's Win10...you are out of luck. Not supported. Laptops with switchable AMD/Intel graphics Windows 10 support
If it's Win7 or Windows 8.1:
** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:
The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.
Then read this > Laptop graphics update...How to