Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pendlerreal
Newcomer

AMD Radeon 7700: Fan won't run unless speed is > 80

Hello folks.

I have been having an issue for a while now, where my fan for my AMD Radeon 7700 GPU won't run unless the fan speed is greater than 80. 

If it's running, I can lower it to 60. If I lower it more than that, it stops. Now I have to increase it to 80 again. 

I've used the following programs in attempt to fix the speed, but everything gives the same result:

- MSI Afterburner

- AMD Radeon Software 

- SpeedFan

I've had this GPU for more than 5 years. I've cleaned it for dust, and updated thermal paste today. It's still returning the same result.

With the speed being on 80, the noise is extremely loud. This is the main issue.

How can I fix this? I've asked around, and I've gotten a few different answers:

• my fan has died, and I need a new one, but I don't think this makes much sense. If it's dead, it shouldn't even run, right?
  • there's a lot of drag on the fan, and it might need the power that 80% provides. If this is so, how can I fix this, so it has more power, but doesn't run as fast?
  • I have outdated drivers, but from what I can gather, my drivers are updated.

This wasn't always like this, but yeah. Looking forward for some answers. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply

First I would reset then uninstall msiab and speedfan, put overdrive back to auto.

Then run gpu-z render test to see when fans kick in with that.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes