cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

usernamenottaken
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 5700XT Not Displaying When Loading Windows

So basically, I turned on my pc and everything seemed normal. The loading screen came up, everything seemed fine. Until my monitor lost connection. Seemed odd, made sure the HDMI cable was in correctly. It was. Tried again, didn't work, so I used another HDMI cable. Same issue. PC is turning on because I can hear my WallPaper engine's music playing from the home screen. I have narrowed it down to a driver, but I don't know how to uninstall drivers if I can't see what im doing.

3 Replies
Spitfre
Journeyman III

I too am having the same issue however I have a 6800 series gpu. AMD driver version is 21.9.1 and my black screen issue started after installing this driver. My PC will POST and display the usual motherboard logo. However as its loading windows the screen goes black and my monitor detects signal as being lost. I have too have to power off my monitor and turn it back on to get the display back up and show me in the lock screen.

Currently running Windows 10 version 21H1 build number 19043.1237

CPU - 5600x

GPU - 6800

0 Likes

Hello,

"While it's booting up, hold down the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. A menu will appear. You can then release the F8 key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with Networking if you need to use the Internet to solve your problem), then press Enter."

You should be able to uninstall the driver while in Safe Mode then reboot back into Windows. Please note that Windows should fall back to the basic desktop, then you should be able to download the proper driver and install it. I'd also suggest (re)installing the proper chipset drivers prior to the display driver(s).

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes
Albert49
Journeyman III

I am also having the same issue, I have just got the Red Devil 5700XT with a B450 Tomahawk MAX and Ryzen 5 3600, I have had lots of issues, I am currently using the release BIOS (7C02v30) as the latest one it seemed to happen more frequently and most of the time would cylce through post and never boot. I seem to have got the PC mostly(!) stable and running games however when I boot the screen will show the Arsenal logo then once booting into windows it will go blank, I can fix this by removing the DP cable and using a different port or replugging it back in (sometimes). It has about a 50 / 50 chance of doing this on startup, either from a reboot or cold boot.

0 Likes