cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Eth72419
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 530 driver freezes the system when installing

Hello everyone. This is my first post, please tell me if I am missing any important information. (I also know there is another discussion about this, but it has recieved no reply).

When installing the driver for my AMD Radeon 530 graphics, the setup freezes the whole system, forcing me to shut the whole system down (hard shutdown). Once I have rebooted, everything goes back to normal.

You may be wondering why my drivers are not present. This is because, I was emulating a few games on Dolphin, (Nintendo don't kill me), and after a bit of Mario Kart Wii, my AMD Settings said my driver had a timeout. I never had that problem before, so I continued. Suddenly, my whole system froze, and I had to force shutdown my laptop. When I restarted it, the normal Windows logo popped up, but after, it was just a black screen, no cursor, and no 'light'. The fans were still spinning though. Immediately, I booted into safe mode, and disabled & unistalled the AMD 530 card, leaving just my Intel HD 620 card left. When I rebooted, it worked OK, but it froze. When I rebooted it into safe mode again, the AMD 530 card reappeared. I then disabled both of the cards, and it booted normally. The Intel 620 card had automatically reinstalled itself. 

I play a few games, like Roblox, and it's impossible to play with the Intel card. It lags very badly, so I tried reinstalling the AMD 530 driver, but as I said, it froze when it installed.

Laptop Specs:

Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, OS build 19043.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Intel Core i5-7200U @2.50 GHz

8GB RAM

WDC WDS500G2B0A-00SM50 - SSD

Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
0 Replies