Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

virusm
Newcomer

AMD R9 270X driver crashes windows 10

Hi,

I've been having this problem lately, my graphics card driver won't install on any windows.

Everytime i try to install the driver, everything works fine until it gets to the display driver, it takes like 10-20 seconds until the windows freezes completely. I tried a clean uninstall with DDU, fixed any registry errors, full windows reinstall, installing in safe mode. Everytime it gives me the same result. The windows detects the gpu connected in device manager but i can't install the display driver. I tried to disable the driver enforcement but still the same result.

GPU: AMD R9 270X OC 2GB 256b

CPU: I5 2500K 3.3GB

MB: MSI Viglen VIG642M

PSU: 600W ATX

0 Likes
5 Replies
nachoeslach
Adept II

Did you try to install the latest driver? Maybe that version is giving you problems, try installing a less recent version, or install it offline.
Sometimes when you do not have the driver installed, Windows decides to install a quite old version (I think the 7.1.1) and that can generate the problem.

0 Likes

I tried installing the latest one and an older one. I could install the older one until like 80% and then froze. And what do you mean by installing it offline?

0 Likes

I was referring to disconnecting the internet at the time of installation.
Also try to verify if in Device Management, go to Properties of the gpu, Controller, and see if you can click on Revert to the Previous Driver.

0 Likes

I can't Revert to the Previous Driver. I already tried. I will try installing it offline and come back with an update.

EDIT: I tried installing it offline, it still froze. But atleast it was worth a try.

PS: Takes ages to post a comment *currently moderated*

0 Likes
virusm
Newcomer

No fix so far.

0 Likes