cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kenetsuu01
Adept I

AMD R5 M430 PROBLEMS

help me some games is not utilizing the discrete graphics and as you can see only one game is using the switchable graphics, all is set to high performance but it's still using the integrated graphics, is there a solution to this. I am getting bad performances in fps in these games help me please i cant barely do gaming with all the lag. before it was working and now its having bug please ty83242392_825686854542280_6350386614908223488_n (2).jpg

0 Likes
7 Replies

AMD doesn't care about mobile. They removed a LOT of desktop functionality and ReLive from mobile, and DON'T support freesync on eDP panels which are basically unbranded freesync panels. All eDP panels support freesync, but AMD doesn't support freesync on eDP. Crossfire support for mobile is also bad, mostly because crossfire itself is bad, and only enables for games that have profiles, which is a really small amount.

0 Likes

defectivebydesign wrote:

AMD doesn't care about mobile. They removed a LOT of desktop functionality and ReLive from mobile, and DON'T support freesync on eDP panels which are basically unbranded freesync panels. All eDP panels support freesync, but AMD doesn't support freesync on eDP. Crossfire support for mobile is also bad, mostly because crossfire itself is bad, and only enables for games that have profiles, which is a really small amount.

Nothing has been removed from mobility drivers...ReLive has never been available for laptops. If you knew anything about laptops, you would know that the features are chosen and designed for the particular laptop (and it's capabilities) by the manufacturer....not AMD.

Reading the driver notes:

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

0 Likes

kingfish wrote:

Nothing has been removed from mobility drivers...ReLive has never been available for laptops. If you knew anything about laptops, you would know that the features are chosen and designed for the particular laptop (and it's capabilities) by the manufacturer....not AMD.

Reading the driver notes:

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

Nothing removed -> Never available. Just contradicted yourself. I know ReLive was never available, and that is on AMD for not making it available. AMD's APUs fully support encoding in hardware, but the driver doesn't include it. OBS probably works, although I haven't tried it. That said, I bet some driver modders could enable ReLive.

OEM drivers are a joke, and OEMs don't care to keep up to date. There are no "system specific features", only features specific to the APU. This policy has been a severe problem for APU users, made worse for Ryzen APU users.

That said, AMD does not require users to install OEM drivers, and has made promises to directly support APUs outside of OEM. This is pretty obvious, since you can directly download APU drivers from AMD. The only real problem with OEMs are features like APU memory cache, which are bios disabled, and should have much higher default settings. This isn't something an "OEM driver" can address, and there is no OEM driver that adds functionality that AMD already supports.

AMD likes to play stupid feature segment games with it's customers, and that's a problem. When AMD released the 390, the release 390 driver had exclusive optimizations that made the 390 faster than the 290 with tessellation. Driver modders ported it to the 290, proving that AMD was playing shenanigans, and AMD later backported those optimizations. AMD also played optimization games with Windows 10 getting exclusive speed boosts over Windows 7. We all know windows 10 has a faster driver model, but these optimizations weren't fully dependent on it. Driver modders ported the windows 10 drivers to windows 7, and shortly after windows 7 users finally got access to the optimizations. Radeon Image Sharpening also started out as a 5700 exclusive feature, even though it was a glorified reshade shader. After someone ported CAS sharpening to ReShade, AMD unlocked it in the driver for everyone else. THIS IS A LONG GOING AND REPEATED SCAM that AMD keeps playing on it's users. It also makes driver programming more bug riddled, when you have multiple artificial segmentation lines. AMD/ATI used to have 3 driver release teams, beta, release, hotfix, and they ROYALLY FUBAR'D THE RAGE (id) LAUNCH by releasing the wrong and broken driver multiple times. This caused AMD to consolidate the driver teams into one release like Nvidia, which helped A LOT. Now, it seems AMD is back to segmenting it's drivers so bad that there is a massive amount of bugs which is screwing everyone over, especially 5700 users.

AMD has no legitimate excuse for doing this. OEMs are not a legitimate excuse for mobile either. AMD needs to drop all artificial segmentation of it's driver, and work solely on performance/bug fixes/real features.

0 Likes

What APU and driver version are you using? https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes

Lenovo ideapad 110 15-ACL

4gb ram

1 tb

a6-7310 cpu with r4 graphics switchable to amd r5 m430

0 Likes
kenetsuu01
Adept I

i tried using previous versions but still have the same problem i tried installing the latest driver but. i still have the same issue, i could manually switch the graphics to dedicated before now it only switch to selected games without the option to switch it at dedicated because even the high performance indicates the integrated one i though my switchable graphics is broken but it gave me hope that one game was utilizing it but others were  not using it to no avail so since then this laptop has been useless to me i get about 10-25fps boost whenever i overclock , can someone help me

0 Likes
kenetsuu01
Adept I

found the solution and culprit you just have to downgrade the driver way back to early 2019 because i dont know what the hell amd did for mobile gpu because it wouldnt work on latest version nowadays!!

0 Likes