cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PiersJH
Adept I

AMD PSP 11.0 Device (Events > Device not started)

Chipset driver: 3.10.22.706

PSP Driver: 5.17.0.0

Under "Events", it shows that most recent chipset driver (from Asus, although not on AMD's website which is confusing) hasn't installed the correct PSP driver, which is causing the the device to be reported as 'not started'.  

Scrolling down shows this:

Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

PiersJH_0-1640563293933.png

Is this a known problem? What's suggested to fix it?

R9 5900X • Corsair H150i Pro XT (360mm) • Asus ROG B550-E • 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 CL18 • EVGA RTX 3080 Hybrid (240mm) • Corsair RM850X • WD Blue 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD • 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD • 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB
0 Likes
3 Replies

You can use Device Manager to uninstall the current PSP driver and then unpack the Asus CHIPSET Package and than direct it towards the AMD CHIPSET folder to scan all the folders in that installation folder and install the PSP Driver again.

Now see if the error occurs.

Or you can use Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to remove all the current AMD CHIPSET drivers and then reinstall it again and see if you still get that error.

I downloaded, in the past, AMD CHIPSET DRIVER Package version 3.10.08.506 and the PSP driver for both Windows 10 & 11 that is included in the CHIPSET package is version PSP 5.17.0.0

Windows 10:

<Product>
<Name>AMD PSP Driver</Name>
<OS>Windows 10(64-bit)</OS>
<Version>5.17.0.0</Version>
<Installer>AMD PSP Driver</Installer>
<Brand>Client</Brand>

Windows  11:

Product>
<Name>AMD PSP Driver</Name>
<OS>Windows 11(64-bit)</OS>
<Version>5.17.0.0</Version>
<Installer>AMD PSP Driver</Installer>
<Brand>Client</Brand>

It is possible the driver is corrupted or got installed corrupted.

If  none of the above works then you need to give your full computer information including Asus Motherboard and Processor and Windows version installed.

NOTE: you can download either Asus or AMD CHIPSET package whichever one is the latest version. But I imagine Asus Chipset package might have some extra drivers that are specific for your Motherboard. But both should be compatible with your motherboard.

I have a Asus Motherboard and I installed AMD CHIPSET Driver for Windows 11 because of the Ryzen flaw to be fixed.

0 Likes

OP is using the asus version driver. which apparently is to address their specific (out of amd spec) mobo issues.

They should contact asus support.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thank you for the reply. Looking through all the AMD chipset drivers, it would appear half of them reported as 'didn't start' in Events, yet state they are working correctly. I've uninstalled them one by one and am now installing them and they show as 'device started' this time. I'll reboot and see if the boots correctly.

Edit: The AMD installer simply doesn't work correctly on my system. It's a clean Windows 11 install and I've downloaded the Windows 11 version. Doing it manually shows the devices as 'started' rather than 'didn't start' but working correctly. I hope this is of some use to someone else and thank you for your help.

R9 5900X • Corsair H150i Pro XT (360mm) • Asus ROG B550-E • 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 CL18 • EVGA RTX 3080 Hybrid (240mm) • Corsair RM850X • WD Blue 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD • 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD • 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB