cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LC_
Journeyman III

AMD processor uninstalled (cannot access settings either) after installing AMD Drivers and Support

Went on (https://www.amd.com/en/support) to install AMD Drivers and Support, didn't manually uninstall old drivers (if I recall correctly during the installation process, it said it'd uninstall it for me.), and after the PC restarted itself, I discovered that my GPU was missing and that I could not access my AMD settings either.Below GPU 0, there was originally a GPU 1, the AMD Ryzen 5 processor.Below GPU 0, there was originally a GPU 1, the AMD Ryzen 5 processor.Would like an answer ASAP as to how this happened and how I can re-access my processor.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: AMD processor uninstalled (cannot access settings either) after installing AMD Drivers and Suppo

Monitor wasn't connected to and using (what model) amd processor with graphics ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Kudos
LC_
Journeyman III

Re: AMD processor uninstalled (cannot access settings either) after installing AMD Drivers and Suppo

I'm running a laptop model. Here are the specs listed directly from the Settings:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon

Installed RAM: 8GB (5.88 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

As for the point about my monitor being connected, I hadn't changed anything about my monitor on the day I installed the drivers and support (aside from some misc. settings within my PC's AMD settings.

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

You may be better reinstalling the recommended full driver pkg. from the laptop makers website to recover the missing amd.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Kudos
LC_
Journeyman III

PS. AMD also stopped showing up in my Device Manager and certain games I played with AMD have stopped launching.

0 Kudos
LC_
Journeyman III

Can you link me to where they have the specific .pkg?

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

You would go to (e.g. Dell,HP, other...) product/support site to find drivers/software.

0 Kudos