cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mclingo
Challenger

AMD private HDR API is still not outputting BT2020 - on 20.2.2

AMD private HDR API on all NAVI cards is still not outputting BT2020 - on any drivers including latest 20.2.2 - i'm starting to think the chap employed to work on HDR on the NAVI cards has an office in the basement and he's dead.

Can someone give him to nudge to see if he is still alive?

14 Replies

My RX 480 works with the Windows HDR fine.

That was one of the the feature I was considering my current panel.

That and 3840x2160 IPS with 10-bit per color etc.

HDR is available with windows 10 version 1809 and above

0 Likes
mclingo
Challenger

indeed it does my friend, it was working fine on my old RX580 which is a a POLARIS card same as yours, this only affects NAVI based cards as I said.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please can you provide some steps on how to reproduce this issue so i can file a ticket for investigation?

Please also include your system specs, app version and driver version. 

mclingo
Challenger

hiya Matt, thanks for your interest, all details can be found here, if you can also add this link to the ticket:

HDR support in AGS_SDK · Issue #33 · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/AGS_SDK · GitHub 

Essentially when you play any game or watch any movie which uses the AMD private HDR API it is supposed to send the BT2020 colour space to the TV, it is sending SDR BT709, this has been proven in two ways that have been documented in that link. Firstly Philips OLED TV's show in TV info which colour space is being sent to the TV and secondly HDFURY which is a hardware / software tool which manages HDMI inputs which also logs which colour space is being sent by the graphics card.

The outcome of this problem is colours are unsaturated and look wrong on driver 20.1.3 as an example.

However In driver 20.2.2.the colours are correct but as the card is still sending BT709 the picture is dimmed as the TV is not going to HDR mode properly, it seems to have been fudged slightly and i'm not sure why.

Perfect, thanks. 

Hi, just a bit more info for you which I think should really help. This issue also affects VEGA cards, this issue started in VEGA with driver 19.5.1

unfortunately my current RX 5700 isnt supported in that version so I cant fall back to that but VEGA users should be able to.

Please can you pass this onto the engineers, they should be able to tell what was changed on that very specific driver version. Thanks

0 Likes

Please can you provide us with the app you are using so we can reproduce the issue? You can send me a PM on the forum to share it. 

0 Likes

Hi, MADVR as renderer in various movie players to trigger AMD HDR API. Thanks.

0 Likes

Please can you be specific in which movie players?

0 Likes

television uses sRGB color space

0 Likes

Colour range I'm talking about more than colour space,Amd devs will know what we're talking about on the ticket.

mclingo
Challenger

this is fixed with 3.1, however you've now broken FULL RGB support for 1080p, I cant get anything but 444 ybcr 12 bit, options are all there but it defaults back when i change them.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please try updating to 20.3.1 and let me know if the issue is resolved. https://www.amd.com/en/support/

0 Likes