cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Johanson11
Adept I

AMD Power Plan in Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00 GHz

Hello.

I recently re - installed windows 10 and updated drivers from the AMD Website.  I noticed that it added a driver to create an AMD Power Plan as a default option setting.  I would to return to the Windows default - balanced option.  I am not sure if AMD's driver made changes in Windows BIO's Settings. Can I just change the settings in Power Options in control panel or do I need to uninstall AMD driver related to power option. If yes, which driver to uninstall if any?  Can switching back to Windows default - balanced option cause any system instability without uninstalling any drivers?

Thank you for any help you might provide with instructions.

Johan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Dennis_Menace
Adept II

It is just an AMD recommended power plan using an AMD driver to control your power settings. That you can choose out of the power plan pool.
It does NOT make any changes to your BIOS!
I do NOT recommend that you uninstall ANY AMD drivers.
You can freely change or choose ANY power plan you like in your control panel, but i highly recommend that you use one of AMDs optimized power plans and customize it to fit your needs .

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Dennis_Menace
Adept II

It is just an AMD recommended power plan using an AMD driver to control your power settings. That you can choose out of the power plan pool.
It does NOT make any changes to your BIOS!
I do NOT recommend that you uninstall ANY AMD drivers.
You can freely change or choose ANY power plan you like in your control panel, but i highly recommend that you use one of AMDs optimized power plans and customize it to fit your needs .