cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

drag777
Journeyman III

AMD Overlay won't open on fullscreen games.

Hi. My amd overlay (Alt+R) stopped working recently during fullscreen games (Valorant for example). Whenever i press alt+r the screen seems to be frozen (cant move the mouse or use my keyboard, BUT if i press alt + r again, everything goes back to normal). And by  frozen I mean that the game continues to run perfectly on the screen but i can't input anything unless i press alt + r again

This only happens during fullscreen mode, everything works smoothly if I play the game in windowed or borderless mode.

Things I've tried: Updating drivers to the latest version, Rolling back drivers to older versions, Clean uninstall and reinstall of drivers with amd cleanup tool. Disabled/Enabled virtual super resolution. Reset settings. Disabled windows aero peek.

Interesting thing is that if I do a factory reset in amd control panel, it "temporarily" fixes the issue sometimes but returns after a restart.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

Rx5500xt 8gb

16gb RAM

SSD

2 Replies
luan-nov
Journeyman III

I am having the exact same problem since I installed my new RX 6600 XT, I upgraded from a RX 570 4GB and never had that problem.

My guess is that the problem is at current driver version with RDNA architecture GPUs.

Doing Factory Reset also solves the problem temporarily for me, but it is not convenient to do that every few hours.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600G

2x8GB Team Force DDR4 3000Mhz

MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI

AsRock Challenger RX 6600 XT at PCIE 3.0, even though the PCIE slot supports 4.0, the processor does not.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Version 22.3.1

Windows and AMD drivers installed at M.2 slot SSD

0 Likes
DWrek
Journeyman III

Disable 'Fullscreen Optimizations' for the game that's not allowing the overlay to show in-game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8yd5iu/why_doesnt_the_performance_overlay_work_on_all/

That fixed it for me

0 Likes