cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Keltra
Journeyman III

AMD Overlay disappears in games

AMD Overlay disappears when in games after I reinstalled windows before that it worked perfectly although sometimes the fps counter would disappear from the overlay but it was there in games but now it does not even appear in games, any fixes?

7 Replies

i had this issue with red dead redemption 2. close your steam go to steam folder and delete 

GameOverlayRenderer.dll

GameOverlayRenderer.log

GameOverlayRenderer64.dll (it might 86 for you )

GameOverlayUI.exe

GameOverlayUI.exe.log

GameOverlayUI.exe.log.last

SteamOverlayVulkanLayer.dll

SteamOverlayVulkanLayer.json

SteamOverlayVulkanLayer64.dll

SteamOverlayVulkanLayer64.json

the open steam let it download this files again 

0 Likes

This fix doesn't work.

0 Likes
andriipovkh
Adept I

I have the same problem, I turn on "Show Metrics Overlay" and it is shown on the desktop, but when I switch to game it is disabled immediately.

0 Likes

I'm on the latest Adrenalin 23.3.1

0 Likes

Open 'AMD Software', go to the Performance tab, then 'Metrics', and move the Transparency slider to 0%. Test it in a game first then you can make it transparent again. I almost went nuts finding this

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Well, it wasn’t that either in the end. Whatever causes this, it’s deeper than just fiddling woth the transparency of the overlay. I went clean with DDU then installed Adrenalin 21.12.1, which the last version that works flawlessly for me. I tested every single version after 21.12.1 and all of the have either the overlay issue or something worse, which is GPU utilization problems that cause low FPS for no reason. AMD is absolutely pathetic at making good drivers and that’s that. I used to defend them but now I don’t. They cannot even be compared to Nvidia.

0 Likes