cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

allenc148
Journeyman III

Amd Overdrive causes BSOD on my ryzen pc

I recently installed AMD overdrive because I thought it was an alternative to Ryzen Master but I had no idea it wasn't for Ryzen cpus. After I installed it and when I restarted my pc, it BSOD and couldn't boot no matter what. I tried using safe mode but it still wouldn't boot and I ended up with another error, causing my pc to still not boot up. I am also unable to reset my computer because another error just pops up and says it is unavailable. Is there any I can do to fix this?

2 Replies

Did you make any changes with the app. before the bsod, may need to pull the cmos battery(for some minutes) to reset bios.

You could ask on 'tenforums.com' for other possible ways to get system up to uninstall AOD.

Last resort, wipe your hdd/ssd and start again.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
kidon0011
Adept I

Copying and pasting my solution to this from an old Reddit post: 

Couldn't boot into Safe Mode because Microsoft royally screwed F8 up, but if you hard reboot several times during Windows loading, it will reboot to allow you to boot into Troubleshooting Options. From there you can find Safe Mode through Startup Settings or if it still crashes in Safe Mode like mine did, just choose Command Prompt.

You'll need to launch DiskPart (just type that in) and then "List Disk", then select your main Disk, then List Volume and find the volume containing your main typical C drive. Write down the letter. Type Exit to get out of Disk Part.

Now type in that letter, for me it was "F:", then change your directory to where the Overdrive folder exists (use dir to display folders and files to find it). Again for me I entered: "CD Program Files (x86)\AMD\OverDrive\amd64". Type dir to see a list of the files, which should just be AODDriver2.sys. Type "del AODDriver2.sys" and restart your computer.

0 Likes