Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

raulf
Journeyman III

AMD Overdrive Cannot Detect My CPU

Good afternoon

My computer has this CPU: AMD A12-9720P Radeon R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G, running at 2.7 GHz. However, I know that it is supposed to run, with Turbo Boost at 3.6 GHz.
I went ahead and downloaded the latest version of AMD's Overdrive tool, but after I installed it, the tool shows an error stating that it "does not detect an AMD CPU or that it is not supported by Overdrive".
Can someone please state what am I doing wrong? Is the Turbo Boost a technology that is activated automatically without the need of Overdrive or do I really need the tool to activate this feature? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Turbo is automatic based on the load and temperatures. AMD Overdrive does not support laptop processors.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Turbo is automatic based on the load and temperatures. AMD Overdrive does not support laptop processors.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes