cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

linyvine
Journeyman III

AMD overdrive bluescreens my PC?

I recently did a few nice upgrades to my PC, one was I got a MSI X470 GAMING PLUS mother board, and a new Ryzen 5 2600 chip. I wanted to tinker with OC setting for the Ryzen chip, and was advised to try AMD overdrive, however when I install it it causes my PC to blue screen loop until I start in safe mode and remove it, and it works just fine. Id like to try the software out, but why is it breaking my PC, and how do I get past it?

I have:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard fully updated bios.

Gigabyte 150 ti OC edtion

16GB Team Dark ram at 3000mhz

1 TB seagate 7.2k HDD

750w EVGA PSU

Corsair h60 liquid cooler.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Only the "Ryzen Master" utility works with Ryzen apu/cpu.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Only the "Ryzen Master" utility works with Ryzen apu/cpu.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
kidon0011
Adept I

I ran into the same problem. Here's how I fixed and it has helped several others:

Couldn't boot into Safe Mode because Microsoft royally screwed F8 up, but if you hard reboot several times during Windows loading, it will reboot to allow you to boot into Troubleshooting Options. From there you can find Safe Mode through Startup Settings or if it still crashes in Safe Mode like mine did, just choose Command Prompt.

You'll need to launch DiskPart (just type that in) and then "List Disk", then select your main Disk, then List Volume and find the volume containing your main typical C drive. Write down the letter. Type Exit to get out of Disk Part.

Now type in that letter, for me it was "F:", then change your directory to where the Overdrive folder exists (use dir to display folders and files to find it). Again for me I entered: "CD Program Files (x86)\AMD\OverDrive\amd64". Type dir to see a list of the files, which should just be AODDriver2.sys. Type "del AODDriver2.sys" and restart your computer.

0 Likes