AMD OpenCL™ 2.0 Driver

i get a new window that "file not found"

any ideas?

it's very important...

12 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: AMD OpenCL™ 2.0 Driver

Opens fine for me here in America. What country are you in? Use a different browser?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried the link you posted. I got the same broken web page saying "No file found". I used both Chrome and Firefox and Edge browsers (latest editions on Chrome and Firefox). I am using Windows 10 Pro Creator's version. I received the "No file found" because the web page probably recognized I was not running a Windows 8.1 on my computer.

This driver is strictly used for computers running Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

It opens for me and I have Win7....works with Firefox and Vivaldi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

out of curiosity, use a windows 10 computer and see if it works. On mine, I got the No File Found when I clicked on the x64 Windows driver download link. Someone else posted a link (email from AMD Forum) , also from a Windows 7 computer and it said to work. I clicked on the link from the Email from AMD Forum and came back as some sort of JIVE error at the website. Could it be somehow related to JAVA coding?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Curious...I don't have any Win10 computers...just Win7 and Win8.1....no problem using either. I suspect a Microsoft problem. You might check and see if any reports are coming in > How to report Windows 10 bugs to Microsoft?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

At least they haven't asked for money... ...have they?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Used Windows Feedback App on Windows 10 and sent a problem through it. This is what I wrote when asked for more details:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/OpenCL2-Driver.aspx - The download link for Windows x64 goes to a web page saying NO FILE FOUND. AMD Forum Kingfisher mentioned he had no troubles downloading from the link using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.  But I am using Windows 10 Pro - Creators version and the link does not work.  I used Edge, Chrome, & Firefox (All latest editions) and received the same results.

Just notice I keep spelling your name as KingFisher and not Kingfish, Will try to correct that in the future. It just so happens that a bird species is called Kingfisher which is where I keep getting your name confused with.

Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

just to chime in same problem for me on Win7 - no file found with FF54/Chrome and IE.. no joy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Maybe it's a different server? I even fired up IE11 and it works fine....

0 Kudos