cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

olympicasseater
Adept III

AMD new 2020 driver keeps making this annoying sound everytime I launch game

AMD new 2020 driver keeps making this annoying sound everytime I launch game. Last driver did not make this annoying sound everytime I launch game. HOW TO FIX THIS ANNOYING SOUND?!

All of these are disable in global and game graphics settings in Radeon

Radeon Anti Lag

Radeon Chill

Radeon Boost

Radeon Image Sharperning

Radeon Enhance Sync

Wait for Vertical Refresh

Video below and watch til the end to hear that annoying sound.

Update: I restart my pc after driver update because driver is getting bug or some crap. The Radeon Anti Lag is the culprit of this annoying sound. I test it multiple times and can confirm this is the sound coming from Radeon Anti Lag no Radeon Chill in this new 2020 driver.

1 Solution
igfrosty
Journeyman III

I found where these stupid noises came from. It's Radeon Anti-Lag option. If you stop this option, you will no longer hear it. Go Game>Games>Select your game>Radeon Anti-Lag>Off.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
akeeller
Adept II

I hear that sound too.

Also, you can replicate it when you Alt+R and enable or disable Anti-Lag.

Thanks

I did try your suggestion turning off and on Anti Lag and I do hear this annoying sound with Anti Lag on but not off.

Is there a way to turn off Anti Lag sound? I would like to use this feature without this sound going off every time I launch a game. It just makes me want to commit something horrible with this annoying sound.

Also, do you have any game freezing or crashing issue with AMD Enhance Sync turn on?

Is there a way to turn off Anti Lag sound?

Apparently no, maybe it will be possible with a future release.

Also, do you have any game freezing or crashing issue with AMD Enhance Sync turn on?

I have zero issues with Enhanced Sync, but I experienced a super bad stutter+lag in Ride 3 with… Anti-Lag enabled 

Dang. I hope AMD is reading this and will rolling the issue fix in next week.

edmondvonersung
Adept III

I wanted to list every single problem the drivers has, but i will just give up on the idea.

Open the sound mixer and see who is making the sound, probably some useless amd process you can just mute.

Volume mixer shows application is making the sound when Anti Lag is on.

Welp, looks like you will have to get used to it, sorry.

I hope a hero will come with that magic trick to fix it, good luck !

I like the Anti Lag feature but dont want to turn it on to deal with this annoying sound! This annoying sound makes me want to smash my computer.

pedro-nf
Adept III

These drivers are a disaster from the messed up installer to the abominable UI.

0 Likes

Yeah it is. Tons of problems. AMD better rolling out drivers address these issues in this week.

Coming from the Supreme Leader itself:

New interface is good, but stability is still terrible.

0 Likes
vgchat
Adept II

I hate that new sound, if they gave an option to "turn off radeon adrenalin sounds", that would be the optimal fix to this problem, just have it do ZERO sounds from the application, like it should be doing in the first place.

I prefer notification to tell you that Anti Lag is working on this game not this ridiculous sound or option to turn on or off the sound.

meno
Adept I

Same here, very annoying. Initially I assumed there was a problem and the sound was there to indicate some error has occurred. So not only it is annoying, but also misleading.

Make sure everyone reports this issue to AMD > AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes
zmoonbu
Journeyman III

Hello, i have a small trick for you :

I have 3 audio outpout on my system that i can choose on microsoft settings : AMD audio high def ... ( my AOC screen sound outpout ...) / Realteak HD audio 2nd outpout. and Realtek Digital output

When i choose Realtek Digital output my global sound is disabled for desktop uses (because badly adressed i suppose). Then radeon software sounds will not work because it is a "desktop sound alert". And i can still choose to use the proper output adress (wich is Realteak HD audio 2nd outpout for me) in video games or other applications that provide the option to set audio output to keep hearing sound effects in game.

And this is how i hacked the thing...

hope this helped, bye.

0 Likes
kukakkau
Journeyman III

I've had this stupid beeping when opening a game, seems to have stopped when i removed the game from the Gaming section. Put it back in using the scan and it still isn't beeping for now.

0 Likes
igfrosty
Journeyman III

I found where these stupid noises came from. It's Radeon Anti-Lag option. If you stop this option, you will no longer hear it. Go Game>Games>Select your game>Radeon Anti-Lag>Off.

I get this too, but I’m usually losing frame rate as well and sometimes it freezes.  When I reverted to the earlier Radeon driver, it stopped in MSFS 2020 but does it in DCS

0 Likes