Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Albert1977
Journeyman III

AMD MSI RX 580 driver issue

Good evening people

I bought a new motherboard for my son with a new processor. The old video card that was in his system is an MSI RX 580 8 GB video card. A card that meets the mid-gaming class video cards requirements. I assembled everything and reinstalled drivers and Windows. Only now when installing the AMD drivers for the video card I keep getting an error message.

The AMD software is not installed. At device management, I get a code 43 and an exclamation mark, which means that the driver is not working properly.
Also when starting a game I get the message DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine. Unfortunately, I have some problems with installing my video card. I have a system and neatly reinstalled everything because of a new motherboard. The video card MSI RX 580 was then not recognized by Windows.

Steps done 
- Reinstalled Windows
- Windows updated
- DirectX reinstalled
- Special program to remove the remaining drivers.
- Was already excluded with the reinstallation of Windows, but still
- Other versions were 21.10 to 19.8.10 but that didn't help either
- Only the driver installed did not work either
- Installed everything in safe modes
- Bios motherboard updated

I replaced his video card with the video card from my system. The card is the same only it is a gigabyte RX 580 instead of an MSI and it did work. Only now I have moved the problem to my desktop. Does anyone have any more tips on how I can solve this or is this a known problem?

Thanks in advance

My system specifications
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 
MBD: MSI X470 GAMING PRO (MS-7B79)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB
PSU: Corsair VS 650
SSD: Crucial BX500 480GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB - HDD storage
HDD: Toshiba P300 3TB
GPU: MSI RX 580 8 Gig ARMOR MK2 OC
clock 1366 Mhz
Mem: 2000 Mhz
Bios version 015.050.002.001.000000

Software

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits (10.0 build 19043)
Direct-x version : Direct version 12
Driver version GPU 27.20.22025.1006 Adrenalin 21.71 DCH/ Win 10 64

Extra

videocard.PNG

0 Likes
4 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Download the newest drivers from AMD website and report back..

They work for my RX580..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Goodevening Vailli100

Thank you for your reply

I also tried the newest drivers and still got the same issue with the software of AMD. Strange thing is that with the other RX 580 the newest driver works fine, but the MSI version doesn't work. 

With regards

Albert 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMD Support / Driver Adrenalin 21.10.2 Optional, this is also the latest driver for your graphics card.
It could be that the graphics card was damaged or defective during the conversion. That also explains why the other one works. If defective, then take a simple one from NVidea. Unfortunately, the availability is currently poor and the prices for reasonable prices exorbitantly high.

Google for atikmdag-patcher. Install drivers, run patch with Administrator rights then reboot.

If it will help you - look for original bios and flash it to your GPU.