cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ghosthunterzz
Adept I

Re: AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

I really want to see free camera mode alternative to ansel which can pause the game hiding UI and pause menu.

bruce1
Journeyman III

I would like to see the vsync and the freesync work correctly in some game since I have the RX580 it does not work with any driver.. The next graphic card that I buy is not going to be an AMD of course.

0 Likes
sharktooth
Elite

this is AMD Link APP for smartphones thread.

CAN YOU READ?

Also vsync has no problems of any sort... open a new thread if you think you have a problem or just use the problem reporting tool or submit a bug report.

0 Likes
sharktooth
Elite

read before posting. this is the AMD Link APP for smartphones thread....

0 Likes
noxlar
Adept II

still on android 6.0 LG G4..but i will try what u said, thanks

0 Likes
sharktooth
Elite

yep, android 6 was the first to introduce that mechanism.

0 Likes
bruce1
Journeyman III

Sorry I did not read well.

0 Likes
ghosthunterzz
Adept I

Yeaaaahhhh.... Sooo? I said my opinion. Why the hell otherwise I'd use a smartphone app while gaming? I have only two hands. My left hand uses keyboard and right hand uses mouse. And I don't have a 3rd hand that can use my phone to use that amd link.

By the way, why are you unnecessarily poking on everyone's opinion instead of being productive or helping others? :/

colesdav
MVP

Hello.

I would like AMD Link to be dropped completely and concentrate on existing GPU Driver features working.
I have tried AMD Link. It rarely stays "linked" and there seems to be a significant lag between what the GPU is doing and the reported performance numbers. Also cannot see everything I want to monitor on the phone screen anyhow.

Please concentrate on

(1). Improving the AMD installer so it can handle legacy and GCN cards on one system, and fix Microsoft installation of old out of date AMD Drivers in Windows 10.
(2). Fix Radeon Chill so that it can be set to a low CHILL MIN value but not kill keyboard only input FPS in game and honors CHILL Max target. Your advertising about Chill is not true. Turning on Chill does affect in game performance to the extent you may as well not use it.
(3). Improve the Radeon Performance Overlay so I can monitor more than one GPU at a time, at a readable font size.
(4). Take some time to test a recent Windows 7 64bit Adrenalin Driver on Windows 8.1 64bit and release it as a tested Windows 8.1 64bit driver so I can use up to date Windows 8.1 64bit Adrenalin Driver with some confidence. Having to use 17.4.4 WHQL Windows 8.1 64bit driver is not good.

Thanks.

prozypall
Journeyman III

I would like to see the software allow me to adjust individual fan speeds on my graphics card.

My version of the radeon r9 270x graphics card has 2 fans but the driver only shows one slider.  Ever since AMD released driver updates for more quiet and power efficient cards, both fans do not always run when I am playing games.  Through experimentation I have discovered that only one fan is turned on at a fan speed below 82% on the slider.  Having only one fan running affects my fps stability and makes my card heat up to 70*C.  On the other hand, when both fans are turned on my graphics card stays well below 60*C.  The problem is that I do not want to run both fans at 82% speed since it makes the graphics card much louder; however, the current slider in the driver menu does not provide other options to turn on both fans.  If I can see a slider for each fan individually I am sure I can get a much quieter and efficient cooling solution.  @AMD developers, please update the drivers to some how recognize all fans connected to the graphics card and adjust their fan speeds individually.  If you cannot do that, at least provide a toggle button to turn on all available fans on a graphics card.