cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kombatant
Adept I

AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

Hey guys,

I am looking for your feedback concerning AMD Link - what would you like to see in the future concerning ease of use, features, whatever? Any suggestions would be more than welcome. For those of you who haven't given it a spin yet, you can find it here for iOS and Android. Also FAQ.

270 Replies

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

The same for me. Please, add junction temp to the amd link app!

If you are ok for AMD to trawl your PC for data, use the new Bug Reporting tool to report the problem.

I refuse to use it.
You cannot use web reporting for bugs any more.

0 Likes

A good idea! I've used the bug reporting tool, may be this will draw Devs attention.

After 5 months of my request they added GPU junction temp into the AMD Link mobile app. Well, I'm glad) Thank you, AMD Devs!

oh that's nice they actually listen..  i bet they already have looong list with features and fixes..  i don't expect they would unless it's a cool idea.

i hope they check also my suggestion. after all, they did ask us

keep doing all the good work AMD!!

0 Likes
work2survive
Journeyman III

GPU support for screen rotation directly on the card, not dependent on the OS, I know is an awkward request, but my monitor has a VESA mount in the very top, so I had to mount it upside down,  while using Windows I can easily rotate it using windows rotation dialogue, but as soon I play a game using Vulkan, DirectX or OpenGL, the screen flips again and Is see everything upside down. So rotation in the card would help a marginal fraction of people in the same situation but once we allow rotation lets do it properly.

0 Likes
marc25
Journeyman III

I want to see it really works on my laptop especially the AMD Relive, I can't do streaming. I just don't know if It is available for AMD RYZEN 5 3500U; VEGA 8 GRAPHICS. The AMD link is not working as well i enable the firewall to access the AMD link but nothing changed.

0 Likes
oversemper
Adept II

Well, previously I said about lack of capability of monitoring junction temp via AMD Link app. I figured out a way to monitor pretty much anything on your cellphone. You need the following soft: HWiNFO64 (windows 10) + monitoring server HwInfoTransmitter 1.2 + the android app "HwR" by sigsegowl. It allows to broadcast any sensors readings to your phone. I've got myself this screen of the things I'd like to keep an eye at:

Screenshot_20201022-205132.png

Dear AMD Link app Developers, please allow to monitor at least junction temp (hotspot) via AMD Link app. VRM temps are also very useful.

That deserves it's own separate thread with a bit more explanation please.
Thanks.

0 Likes
hardreset
Elite

Please add GPU voltage to the amd link app .

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
celestius
Newcomer

A radeon software fps counter for in-game

0 Likes

celestius, Radeon overlay shows fps, or what did you mean?

colesdav, there are a lot of info about it on the official site of HWiNFO64 program, but it does not relate to AMD. HwR android app is extreme easy to use, it has an in-app tutorial for everything you need to do to make it work. 

I have not been able to locate it.  I mean like an in game overlay that displays the current frame rate the game is displaying.

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Where do I turn on in game fps counter on though?  I have overlay on, but it doesn't have an fps counter.  Like this one from nvidia Image result for FPS Overlay amd

0 Likes

Turn on Metrics overlay:
pastedImage_1.png

Start a game:
The FPS column should show up.

0 Likes

When I open the game, it closes the overlay.  It's also straight up not letting me use in game overlay.  The window saying "alt+r for overlay" doesnt pop up in the top right unless I tab out of the game.  Then when I tab out and press alt+r, it opens the window instead of the overlay.  Any fixes?

0 Likes

Are you playing the game in full screen mode?

Try that,
Also try tuning off Desktop recording.
Sometimes killing Radeon Settings is needed best to reboot and try again.
Are you on PC or Laptop?

0 Likes

The game is in fullscreen.

I turned off desktop recording.

I am on pc.  

Ill try rebooting now.

0 Likes

Why do you ask that in the thread of AMD Link app, which is a mobile application? Turn on in-game overlay in the Radeon drivers settings and activate it in-game with default shortcut (I changed mine, go see in the settings what the default one is).

0 Likes

Oops didn't read that lol sorry

0 Likes
happyfrog
Adept I

I'd like to see a CPU temperature within the Radeon Metrics Overlay....

noko
Adept III

Integration of phone with the game, API or method for developers to use Link as a device such for the game to call the phone (not call through the phone network but Link network) so that the phone can be used for like inventory, maps, text messages/updates on game mission, navigate documents, another example would be game character calls your phone and you can hear him talk to you, use your phone to call a character in the game, game GPS and use to call other players in a mp type game with game phone numbers (not using phone network but link, game, server etc.). Link should be added to like XBox Series X (UI modified to work with) if phone is used as an available asset for game content. Same with PS5 if Sony would be interested. 

I think I ask this before, just in case. Ability to use the phone camera to take images/videos to your computer and use the GPU to compress. Phone camera's are very high quality and would allow many more folks to be able to make good content with audio/video with ease.

0 Likes

just want to give you a nice ting to add to the Radeon Driver panel.   a few of my current software has had this for a decade now, but, nearly all other software including radeon driver panel witch is a shame.. so let me tell you what i mean:)

I'm just starting in Global Display as it's easier to explain, there you can slide the value on color temp, brightness, Hue, Contrast and Saturation.  what is very helpful and very intuitive when you slide right or left for changing value add "click right button" to get back to fabric setting/reset/or "0"  ONLY on the one value slide you working on..   try getting saturation back to value "0" it's nearly impossible without reseting it all.

but, the right click to reset it's value is not just for global display settings, it's for every thing that you can change value on, both gfx and cpu driver panel should really have this really great feature.

and another thing, please add Global Display tab at the top ( see picture)

Screenshot_8.png

and, i also want to thanks AMD for everything they done for me:)

0 Likes
ibogreen
Adept II

A version of the app for Raspberry pi.

0 Likes
alexx2
Journeyman III

0 Likes

Fix the appletv 4k issue.  (App closed). 

0 Likes
freddyK1
Journeyman III

We want 5000 series r3 . we waiting for r3 

0 Likes

Please add following information to the metrics:

API: OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX (version)

Vsync: Enabled, Disabled, Enhanced

FreeSync: Enabled, Disabled

0 Likes

I think I ask this before, just in case. Ability to use the phone camera to take images/videos to your computer and use the GPU to compress. Phone camera's are very high quality and would allow many more folks to be able to make good content with audio/video with ease. indigocard.ltd

bingenerator.one

0 Likes