cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kombatant
Adept I

AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

Hey guys,

I am looking for your feedback concerning AMD Link - what would you like to see in the future concerning ease of use, features, whatever? Any suggestions would be more than welcome. For those of you who haven't given it a spin yet, you can find it here for iOS and Android. Also FAQ.

270 Replies
kefkapelazzo
Adept I

Drivers that don't require the removal of hardware for installation maybe.

paulinee4
Journeyman III

I also have the same following query regarding the AMD mechanism in mobile.I have another query regarding my lenovo

smartphone.I am unable to install office 365 login in it.Suggest us what to do?

ege09
Journeyman III

i can't use AMD Link without connecting the same network

tastytom
Adept I

I want to see my fps without all the other informations ingame. Also a fps limiter would be nice

I would just like mine to work. That would be a great start

amerelium
Adept II

No bloatware: Option to deselect 'features' during intallation

amerelium
Adept II

This is what I want more than ANYTHING: Remember in the old days, up to and including the Catalyst drivers, when one could just right-click the taskbar icon and select driver settings, without having to open the driver software at all?

Why in the name of all that is reasonable did they move away from that?

knocturn
Journeyman III

The Internet connection to my PC worked just once, but not again ever since. The message seemed to be "The service is not available". The Bluetooth gamepad to my smartphone is not usable at all. The strange thing is, I can configure its button setup, but when playing PC games with the app, it always looks for the gamepad for the PC but ignores the gamepad for my phone. I think this shouldn't be a difficult problem to fix.  After all, you can configure the buttons on that pad without any hassle. Please keep improving this app to fulfill your promise to bring PC game streaming to other devices, which is an important reason why many players got an AMD graphic card.

#bug #amd link #gamepad #Internet link

0 Likes

you have to disable or disconnect the joypad connected to your pc otherwise the game will always try to use that instead of the mapped controls.

0 Likes

I wonder if to keep the spirit and intent of this thread it should be renamed "AMD Link APP: Feature requests (Not bug reports/tech support/ or adrenaline).

I feel like if mods moved all technical questions to their own thread this would shrink 75%.

LINK is not adrenaline. Feature request threads are not technical support...

0 Likes
alanx
Journeyman III

Add an option  in the radeon software in which you can switch from your integrated memory to the Dedicated in games like Minecraft.

0 Likes
09mihai
Adept I

Hi,

i want to look in AMD Link at my GPU clock speed and see how high it clock and whether i could clock it higher. I think clock speed and temps are important to see when casual gaming without OSD. That's the soely reason i installed AMD Link to check clock speed and temp of my GPU while gaming. Thanks

0 Likes
marceldekker
Adept II

Hey,

I have a number of improvements / functions for AMD Link.

a representation of which 3D application is involved, which Directx® version is currently running for the

3D application and a view for which driver version you are currently running. A group chat function, a function for compatible streaming applications and how long you have been streaming live.

Kind regards, -;)

Marcel Dekker

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please fix the HDMI Scaling locking to 30FPS.

Also put back the taskbar icon on startup, even if you import the tasks from the AMD directory, the AMD icon takes over 30 seconds to autoload on the taskbar.

I use the love right clicking the ATI icon and loading a profile from a quick menu, why did you remove that? Other users on this thread say the same. Put back the profiles on the taskbar icon.

Basically stop removing features, you do this all the time.

0 Likes
irenaldojs
Journeyman III

Hello, I believe it would be nice to have the native AMD Link app on the most popular Smartvs system on the market, I have a LG webOs 49uj6565 and it seems a sin to have to use an android box to use the app, the native system is very good and it would cost the company very little to launch it into the system.
0 Likes
baepe
Adept III

Fix bugs and stop adding useless features like streaming or at least release a version of your software that does not include streaming. Currently there are some pretty huge game breaking bugs. Stuttering in games, card downclocking in 3d gaming for no reason. 5700XT using encoder instead of decoder when watching video which causes stuttering. I would sell my 5700XT already if it wasn't so worthless because there are so many on the second hand market. You guys ruined an excellent piece of hardware with absolutely disastrous software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes AMD also fix the Powerplay issue downclocking the core in applications on the VII.

I'm playing Battlefield in high resolution and the core downclocks to 130mhz? I get mouse movement stuttering its game breaking.

Yes I get spikes of 130mhz in Battlefield and all other games also.

This is why the driver crashes with a black screen.

0 Likes
msajid
Adept II

when i turn on anti lag, in every game whenever i pres alt button in game i hear anti lag turn on and of sound.This is very annoying.It didn't happened before.it is happening in Adrenalin 2020 software.why they don't fixing it

0 Likes

I think this is wrong post to discuss Radeon Anti-Lag unless you can control it from AMD-Link.
Hearing the Anti-Lag beeps is really useful because it is the only way you will often realise it is on or off.
Hialgo Chill, Boost and switch all used "sound beeps".
There should be an option to disable those Hialgo noises but they should not be permanently removed.

0 Likes

you didn't understand my problem.I am not talking about sound i am talking about when i press alt the anti lag option turns on and of and the sound happens.In every game its happening when i turn on anti lag.I use alt key for crouching in game but why anti lag turning on and of by pressing alt.If that's happens how i will use alt key

0 Likes

Doesn't matter, You're not understanding his statement.

This is a FEATURE request thread for the PHONE or TV app called AMD LINK.

*This is not a support thread for amd link.

*This is not a support thread for Amd Adrenaline drivers/software.

*This is not a feature request thread for AMD Adrenaline drivers/software.

*This is not a thread to discuss toasters, or doorknobs, or cool hats either.

Start a new post (vs continuing any replies here), you're clogging up something useful to reach dev like half the other replies.

kombatant 

Thoughts on editing the main post to make this more clear for people who aren't understanding?

thanx for informing i will post it in thread.i didn't noticed i posted it here

bitcoin
Journeyman III

hope uwp amd link app,so we can use it on win10 notebook

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comment edited to preserve sanity.

How about a working driver that wont crash with a black screen?

Do you want to know how to fix this issue?

Put back the 'Power Efficiency' feature for the 5700 and VII. This will stop the GPU downclocking in 3D applications and fix the black screen lockups. 

0 Likes
graymin
Adept II

For it to actually work

FPS only works in fullscreen mode

CPU usage is always reported as 0

when it was working this is what I noticed

as far as 2020 go's well its broke too

get some real programers

vincert
Journeyman III

More bugfixes

I managed to get AMD Link to connect to Adrenalin 2020 20.1.3 today.
Can anyone tell me what Settings -> General -> Voice Control does?

Does AMD Link accept voice commands?

What commands are accepted?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HDMI Scaling fixed

Power Efficiency option for the VII

That would be happy days.

Please fix before I have to refund the GPU again. 

0 Likes
izuela
Journeyman III

And easy to access way of finding, and rolling back to, old drivers within Radeon Adrenalin. It is obvious the buggy drivers, or drivers that do no work for everyone, is something we are going to be stuck with. So it would be really helpful if finding and using old version was made easier.

0 Likes

Turn on the Voice Commands and shout "Radeon Uninstall".
You never know, it might be hidden feature.

0 Likes
guily6669
Elite

All I want from AMD LINK is actually have a custom AMD Radeon installation with the option to not install AMD LINK, that's all I want from AMD LINK...

Please add a VBIOS update/rollback in software with preview of code and maybe edit.  Also a feature to save and auto load settings set by user on boot.  Always going back to VBIOS default would be ok if VBIOS didnt burn the card.

0 Likes

I don't think AMD has anything to do with bios updating\modding and modding is not approved by warranty too...

Bios updates should be expected by the GPU manufacturers per model and not something one-for-all like installing a software driver in the OS...

And about modding the bios I think will be kept by using custom tools from someone and accepting the risks involved because I don't think any company will ever make a official bios modifier tool where a user can just mess around with too many stuff and might break the GPU and would probably lead to a lot of people RMA their GPU's without any kind of right if it's their fault...

Now OC nowadays is usually kinda safe when using official stuff like AMD profiles because usually it will be always limited and won't let you just allow to put like 2Volts or whatever you want, there's always risk but it's nothing close to a full Vbios modding tool where you can mess with almost everything.

0 Likes

Both Radeon VII and RX5600XT have been launched and released into the retail chain with broken/incorrect VBIOS in the space of ~ 1 year.
That requires Users to flash their own VBIOS at their own risk after they buy the GPU.
The Radeon VII does not even have a DUAL BIOS so if the flash goes wrong, you end up with a bricked GPU.
It seems to be a new AMD GPU launch habit.
Perhaps that is why a VBIOS Update request is asked for?

0 Likes

colesdav wrote:

Both Radeon VII and RX5600XT have been launched and released into the retail chain with broken/incorrect VBIOS in the space of ~ 1 year.
That requires Users to flash their own VBIOS at their own risk after they buy the GPU.
The Radeon VII does not even have a DUAL BIOS so if the flash goes wrong, you end up with a bricked GPU.
It seems to be a new AMD GPU launch habit.
Perhaps that is why a VBIOS Update request is asked for?

Now the advantage of the extra slot shows the advantage, use a know good card in the primary slot and flash the sick card ROM fresh

0 Likes
mittelk
Journeyman III

The ability to use AMD Link on a Windows 10 tablet without using an Android emulator. Thx.

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

Please, add a button to enable/disable all hotkeys, because when i work with some other programs, AMD 2020 software blocks their hotkeys, which is so irritating, it should be optional, need only a single option that disables/enables all hotkeys

Totally agree, everytime I do a DDU clean AMD driver install I have to manually go to hotkey tab and delete every single one of them (and currently there are 16 and probably prone to increase with AMD constantly adding more crapware which I don't want and can't opt to even not install, I hate forced crap that I don't want)...

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

I would like a fix for video_tdr_failure bug crashing computer "randomly"... can't use amd gpu driver since adrenalin 2020

no problem with 19.11.3

(radeon vii + 3900x + x570-f)

0 Likes
kdschlosser
Adept I

I am not sure when these features were removed from the driver package. I have 3 monitors that are not the same models. and they do not have very many matching resolutions, The ones that do match are low resolution.

these are the model numbers and native resolutions

HP w2007 1680x1050

HP w1907 1440x900

HP 2009m 1600 x 900

I was able to set all 3 to use 1920x1080 without a problem I am not able to do this anymore. In Adrenaline 20.2.1 there is the "custom resolution" section, it would be nice if that feature actually did something. I can add the resolutions but they do not show up anywhere to be able to set them.

There used to also be a tool that allowed me to align the monitors. this has been removed as well. I am not sure why these abilities have been removed but they have. Not everyone that runs multiple monitors has identical make/model. and without those tools the ability to get the display correct is not possible.

putting those features back would be great. I am porting the AMD Display Library SDK to python and then hopefully I will be able to write a program that will be able to adjust the alignment and possibly set the resolutions to what I had before. Adding these features back would be be the best thing.

0 Likes