cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

guily6669
Elite

Re: AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

All I want from AMD LINK is actually have a custom AMD Radeon installation with the option to not install AMD LINK, that's all I want from AMD LINK...

darkangel2154
Adept I

Please add a VBIOS update/rollback in software with preview of code and maybe edit.  Also a feature to save and auto load settings set by user on boot.  Always going back to VBIOS default would be ok if VBIOS didnt burn the card.

0 Likes
guily6669
Elite

I don't think AMD has anything to do with bios updating\modding and modding is not approved by warranty too...

Bios updates should be expected by the GPU manufacturers per model and not something one-for-all like installing a software driver in the OS...

And about modding the bios I think will be kept by using custom tools from someone and accepting the risks involved because I don't think any company will ever make a official bios modifier tool where a user can just mess around with too many stuff and might break the GPU and would probably lead to a lot of people RMA their GPU's without any kind of right if it's their fault...

Now OC nowadays is usually kinda safe when using official stuff like AMD profiles because usually it will be always limited and won't let you just allow to put like 2Volts or whatever you want, there's always risk but it's nothing close to a full Vbios modding tool where you can mess with almost everything.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Both Radeon VII and RX5600XT have been launched and released into the retail chain with broken/incorrect VBIOS in the space of ~ 1 year.
That requires Users to flash their own VBIOS at their own risk after they buy the GPU.
The Radeon VII does not even have a DUAL BIOS so if the flash goes wrong, you end up with a bricked GPU.
It seems to be a new AMD GPU launch habit.
Perhaps that is why a VBIOS Update request is asked for?

0 Likes
mittelk
Journeyman III

The ability to use AMD Link on a Windows 10 tablet without using an Android emulator. Thx.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

colesdav wrote:

Both Radeon VII and RX5600XT have been launched and released into the retail chain with broken/incorrect VBIOS in the space of ~ 1 year.
That requires Users to flash their own VBIOS at their own risk after they buy the GPU.
The Radeon VII does not even have a DUAL BIOS so if the flash goes wrong, you end up with a bricked GPU.
It seems to be a new AMD GPU launch habit.
Perhaps that is why a VBIOS Update request is asked for?

Now the advantage of the extra slot shows the advantage, use a know good card in the primary slot and flash the sick card ROM fresh

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

Please, add a button to enable/disable all hotkeys, because when i work with some other programs, AMD 2020 software blocks their hotkeys, which is so irritating, it should be optional, need only a single option that disables/enables all hotkeys

guily6669
Elite

Totally agree, everytime I do a DDU clean AMD driver install I have to manually go to hotkey tab and delete every single one of them (and currently there are 16 and probably prone to increase with AMD constantly adding more crapware which I don't want and can't opt to even not install, I hate forced crap that I don't want)...

0 Likes
xlox
Miniboss

I would like a fix for video_tdr_failure bug crashing computer "randomly"... can't use amd gpu driver since adrenalin 2020

no problem with 19.11.3

(radeon vii + 3900x + x570-f)

0 Likes
kdschlosser
Adept I

I am not sure when these features were removed from the driver package. I have 3 monitors that are not the same models. and they do not have very many matching resolutions, The ones that do match are low resolution.

these are the model numbers and native resolutions

HP w2007 1680x1050

HP w1907 1440x900

HP 2009m 1600 x 900

I was able to set all 3 to use 1920x1080 without a problem I am not able to do this anymore. In Adrenaline 20.2.1 there is the "custom resolution" section, it would be nice if that feature actually did something. I can add the resolutions but they do not show up anywhere to be able to set them.

There used to also be a tool that allowed me to align the monitors. this has been removed as well. I am not sure why these abilities have been removed but they have. Not everyone that runs multiple monitors has identical make/model. and without those tools the ability to get the display correct is not possible.

putting those features back would be great. I am porting the AMD Display Library SDK to python and then hopefully I will be able to write a program that will be able to adjust the alignment and possibly set the resolutions to what I had before. Adding these features back would be be the best thing.

0 Likes