cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

msajid
Adept II

Re: AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

i am sure this is freesync problem,i am using core i5 9400f and my monitor is 1080p so,don't need 8gb vram.i play all game smoothly but game doesn't feel smooth under 65fps with freesync.but my freesync range is 40-75 hz

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

colesdav wrote:

I was responding to a private message from render1967 

I was just pointing out they could have both of those GPU (RX580 and R9 280X) on one motherboard.
Yes sure I understand the R9 280X is slower than RX 580, but it would be a temporarily workaround sorender1967 could run the games that will not run on the RX580.

For alternate frame rendering - DX11 Crossfire will not work at all with those two GPU's (RX 580 and R9 280X).
I doubt DX12 MultiGPU would work very well if at all for gaming, you would probably see negative scaling of Ashes of the Singularity for example. 
In any case,  DX11 Crossfire is now dead. AMD tried to drop it on RX Vega 56/64 but backtracked. No support for it on the Radeon VII. No support for it on RX5700 or RX5700XT.
DX12 MultiGPU is not getting implemented by developers on new games. Still not there on BFV, for example. 
Nvidia similar story with SLI see: Don’t buy two video cards! - YouTube 

One thing you can use MultiGPU for is Blender, but RX580 and R9 280X are not a good choice for that.
R9 280X is GCN 1.0 and that does not work on Blender versions later than 2.79.
Blender 2.79 had  a major performance boost on AMD GPUs versus versus 2.78, so better off with 1 RX580 on 2.79.

My X570 motherboard is designed primarily for one video card. My RX 480 can generally handle my 4K panel and few games have to be dialed down. I have to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 1920x1080 to get an acceptable framerate,

My RX 480 handles DD through DX12 so I am very happy with the card

0 Likes
msajid
Adept II

Radeon relive saves all screenshot in one folder which looks very bad and it takes me many time to find my screenshots but NVIDIA geforce experince software saves screenshots in separate folder like this picture.For example if i am playing Metro exodus and take screenshots it will automatically create a Metro Exodus folder and the screenshots will save on this folder

i will be very happy if amd do like this method in next update2019.11.08-18.27 (2).png

fletch22
Journeyman III

Minimal minimal minimal infinitesimally MINIMAL DRIVERS -- but with the option to set a decent fan curve since I don't care how fast it runs, I just don't want to overheat the GPU.  Don't need anything ever to do with gaming.  Just want to paint 4 screens in WQHD 2560x1440 with ordinary Windows software and browsers and have my use 100+ windows and the same number of browser tabs (in 3 browsers) all open simultaneously and scattered all over my monster monitors, so everything is RIGHT WHERE I NEED IT.oth 

I don't want to "tweak" anything, nor "overclock" anything since I haven't been a teenager in 35+ years, and because I don't like my GPU locking up the system.

How's about you just give us the RATED settings, IN A DRIVER, with the option to bump up the fan profile, since I can't believe fan noise from a Graphics card is even SLIGHTLY a big deal -- It's NOTHING compared to all the other fans in a full size case cooling everything ELSE...

That's all we want.  I'm not the only one asking for this.

Give us STABILITY and the ability to set the fan speed profile so the GPU doesn't deep-fry any cables near in at 82 Celsius-ish just because AMD and Sapphire (yeah, I know, bad way to return to using AMD products) think somebody could actually hear a GPU dual fan over the 19 lighted fans in everybody's case spinning at absurd speeds, just so the LEDs get brighter.

Rant enough for ya?

Don't need sound.  Didn't buy the fancy RX 590 Nitro+ since I didn't care about 12 extra MHz, just the same core Polaris GPU in a 590 Pulse that probably -can- overclock, but I do NOT want it to.

Nor do I want any "freesyncing" going on.  Forget that.  I'll figure out the scan rates (listen to me, you'd think these things were still CRTs!) that my monitors like -- usually about 60 on a DP and 59 on an HDMI for nice 4K 32" good-brand monitors running at 2K, since nobody can see anything business-worthy at 4K anyway.  And 65" 4K TVs with generic panels tend to like 29Hz on HDMI, and that's more than fast enough, since the human eye sees motion at much slower frame-rates than that, and, again, I don't care how fast UltraEdit can paint the code I'm typing into it.

OH, and HEY, how about building a GPU and driver combination that doesn't LOSE HALF THE MONITORS everytime it puts them to sleep?

Think you can manage that one?   Those pair of monitors get ZERO signal and one or both of 'em then gets a snow-storm.when the card is finally smart enough to output a sufficiently strong WAKE signal to the mons, and YES, I'm using extremely good cables.

So, maybe this is silly from a guy who just upgraded from a GeForce 760 Ti 4GB, and thought it would be good bang for the buck to get 8GB in this AMD RX590 mid-grade card, but SHEESH...

What is with the BLOAT?

What is with needing to just black the screens with "screen saver" (sheesh, there's a term from 1987, reminds me of flying toasters) and can't even dare let the monitors power off since this card isn't bright enough to wake 'em.

Yeah, that too.

And FAN SPEED adjustment.  Or just do it RIGHT from the factory and never let the bloomin' thing get over 42-ish Celsius and just spin those suckers right up.  Still can't hear 'em over the other fans.  Do NOT care.

Give us STABILITY, LESS BLOAT and for FREAK SAKE, let us choose which portions of the non-driver software we want to install.  How about NEARLY NONE?

And that, Santa AMD, is what I want for Videomas.

Love,

Tiny Tim

colesdav
MVP

Have you tried custom install of drivers to install which portions of AMD Software you need?

0 Likes
fletch22
Journeyman III

Youbetcha I've tried that, and it's extremely limited in choosing "portions" of the software -- it's basically all-or-none on the BLOATWARE portion and then yes-or-no on the extra helpings of BLOAT.

Closest thing to what I need is the DRIVER-ONLY installs, but they don't let me set the fan curve, which needs to be set because its default tilts heavily toward being "quiet" at the expense of a far-too-hot-running GPU.

Why not give us the option for just the basic driver, plus a fan control, eh?

Or if AMD wants to claim it's offering a "custom" install, then it needs to slice up its BLOATED SOFTWARE and truly let us choose from the fragments of which bits we truly want.

colesdav
MVP

How about just installing the AMD Driver and using MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx for fan control.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

bsdinis wrote:

A nice feature would be NOT CRASH OUR COMPUTERS EVERY DAY.

Can you add that?

I had that until a new BIOS surfaced that cured a lot of them.

Most likely more fixes are in the works 

0 Likes
msajid
Adept II

nice question

mrbiker
Adept I

The ability to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit in Adrenaline.

0 Likes