cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

Please open a new thread about this and we discuss there. This is the wrong thread. Thanks.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

dual card support in recent games is scant, and modern cards are plenty powerful enough to handle DX11 games even at 4K

I have tried lots of games with my GTX 1060 and no game is unplayable so far

A more powerful card is fine and dandy but anything more powerful starts to become more expensive fast

mtdesarno
Journeyman III

I would like to see the app be more compatible with Android TV devices.  I bought an Android TV box running Android 9, specifically so I could stream games through it from my computer to my TV.  The app installed and seemed to work on that box, but there were some other problems not related to AMD Link with that box so I returned it and ordered another one with some additional features [Bluetooth, 5Ghz wifi] that I wanted.  AMD Link won't install on the new box though.  It also is running Android 9.  When I go to the Play Store on the Android TV box and look up AMD Link, it says it's not compatible with the device.  Major bummer, since that was the main reason I bought it.

0 Likes
th3_a6add0n
Adept I

First solve current problems, future is far away.

You guys are not having a good PR right now.

noko
Adept III

Broadcast to Smart TV

If possible miniature stream of the game in the background

• With estimated performance correction factor option dealing with streaming content and measuring performance
  • Control of Relive from phone or tablet
  • Game Stream control, playback of Relieve content

Link to someone else using link for Data Runs, Game Communication

• Message or chat box
  • Voice if possible

Ability to use finger/gesture to size the readings so you can fit everything on one screen

Cycle through readings to keep them big and easy to see on the screen

• Option to have a constant set of readings while others cycle through (user select), for example FPS is always shown while GPU clock, Power, Temperature cycle

DO NOT GET RID OF LINK BUT EXPAND IT AND MAKE IT EVEN MORE USEFUL

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I request that you make Link available to run on old Android Tablets like Asus TF101 running on Android 3.0 honeycomb and above. 
I find running Link on a smartphone is not ideal, because of the screen size. 

There must be many people with old Android Tablets that still work but are not used for anything much these days.
It would be good to use those old Android Tablets as a secondary touch screen to monitor and control basic GPU functions.

Main reason = even now, Radeon Overlay (Alt+R) and the Radeon Performance Overlay (Ctrl+Shift+O) does not work properly in many games on all AMD GPU GCN versions from HD7970 -> RX Vega 64 Liquid I have tested. 

Either the RPO flickers randomly or it is unable to report basic things like FPS at all, or it just does not work. 
Using RPO with Multi Monitor seems to confuse the Radeon Overlay (Alt+R) and the Radeon Performance Overlay. 
It either doesn't show up or shows up on the wrong side of the screen or on the wrong monitor. I have reported these issues many times in past years and still broken. 

So maybe using an old Android Tablet with AMD Link could be a reason to use Link. 

I can use MSI Afterburner or Asus GPUTweak II as a performance overlay instead of Radeon Performance Overlay but use of such third party tools is not recommended for AMD driver stability reasons on the support forums at least. 

If you could also make AMD Link run, even in basic form on older Galaxy S3 smartphone as well that may be another way to make use of old device and get a secondary screen just to monitor GPU for those who do not have access to an old Tablet with a larger screen. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Just took a look at latest version of AMD Link today. PC Running Adrenalin 19.8.1   to monitor FPS on Samsung Galaxy S7 because the Radeon Performance Overlay would not show up in game.

It looks like the Font Size needs fixed for the FPS report.

Please fix it.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20190822-181204.jpg

colesdav
MVP

Is it possible to add in an AMD Reporting form to report problems with my AMD GPUs in the AMD Link App?
I know there is a feedback section in the App but that is about reporting problems with the App itself.

It would be handy to immediately be able to take a photograph of the Windows 10 BSOD Atikmdag.sys error I regularly get with my AMD Drivers when, for example, I plug in a Razer Core X Thunderbolt 3 eGPU box containing an R9 280x to my PC when running a fresh install of Adrenalin 19.8.1. with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 19.03.

If people could use the AMD Link App to take Photo or Video and send in a bug report of AMD GPU induced Blue Screen of Death or other issues such as Black Screening when playing games or PC Freeze / Audio Buzz lock up etc then perhaps something could be done to improve Driver Stability.

Thanks.

zantsu
Adept III

The RX 5700 working properly (Without BSOD randomly all the time)

sharktooth
Elite

this is not the right place for your request... and, BTW, I have a rx 5700 xt and no BSODs. 

0 Likes