cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kombatant
Adept I

AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

Hey guys,

I am looking for your feedback concerning AMD Link - what would you like to see in the future concerning ease of use, features, whatever? Any suggestions would be more than welcome. For those of you who haven't given it a spin yet, you can find it here for iOS and Android. Also FAQ.

270 Replies
razvanab
Adept I

Here are some things that will make AMD Link better in my opinion:

1. Linux \ Windows | Raspberry PI \ Fire tv | Browser extension...  support for Game Streaming

2. More temperatures display like CPU temp

0 Likes
hibby
Journeyman III

The ability to troubleshoot a crass, and logging of settings specific in the event of overclocking and undervolting.

0 Likes
johna1954
Journeyman III

OpenCL Support for Radeon Pro WX3100  (OpenCL™ 1.2 (not supported for Radeon™ Pro WX 2100 and Radeon™ Pro WX 3100))

0 Likes

I would like to see the AMD Link App able to run on old Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone.

There must be many people with older Smartphone like the Galaxy S3 who have upgraded their phone but still have old handset which could be used as a PC Case Display, camera and AMD Link 'terminal'.

I have a Galaxy S7 which runs AMD Link fine but I would like to be able to run nit on my old S3 as well.

Thanks.

0 Likes
hunter-
Adept II

more compatibility with old games such as Warcraft 3!!!I tested many driver even catalyst and is useless.This game have flickering on fury x for example

0 Likes
vkk178
Journeyman III

Mobile gpu/chipset drivers for Linux & Windows on laptops with IGP and discrete GPU .

0 Likes
remga
Journeyman III

Please, we want Linux support for AMD Radeon 530.

0 Likes
nirmans001
Adept I

So when will the ryzen mobile apu's getting new drivers

0 Likes

This thread is for the AMD Link APP, not for the mobile or APU drirvers nor for drivers in general.

Please post your question in the appropriate thread.

ryandos
Journeyman III

Greetings,

I have used AMD Link on my Android phone and it has been the best game streaming experience compared to the Steam Link app (bad latency, frame drops), and other apps that I have tried. The experience on AMD link was quite impressive with how fluid it was.
However, Steam Link allows me to play on my TV in another room (though not a great experience), AMD Link does not.
Testing the app on my Fire TV stick (APK sideload):
  • The app's user interface was stretched across the whole screen as the main menu is portrait only. Landscape mode would be great.
  • Without a touchscreen, the app is useless. I could not press any buttons on the app using my controller or Firestick remote. If the UI could be controlled using a gamepad like on the Steam Link app, that would be great.
I know the app is designed for smartphones, but I'd love to be able to use software from AMD themselves on my Fire stick rather than Steam Link which was quite inconsistent.
0 Likes
firewavee
Journeyman III

Optimization for csgo

0 Likes

This is an AMD LINK feedback/suggestion thread.

Read before you post something.

0 Likes

iOS

Landscape mode, I want to place this sideways and see video card stats so I can plug in my phone while gaming.

Logging directly on phone, ability to share graphs, export as csv, image, useful formats is the main point.

User interface:
Home screen is pointless to user experience, have big button shortcuts to features.
On each screen, having a button for quick access to relive replay/recording/gif creation on any page that you'd use for gaming would be useful.

arpaterson
Journeyman III

Please open source the AMD link client so that there can be for example a raspberry pi port. I just sold my 1080ti to buy a radeon, this a feature I will be losing by doing so.
Supporting phones gets you a lot of client devices quickly, but they are all phones. People want more modes of use.
0 Likes
wuchzael
Adept II

Direct access to Wattman via Radeon Software main page PLS!!!

(Attention: Photoshop-Level over 9000!)

wattman.png

0 Likes
kaisersolo
Journeyman III

Connect to - Android TV. So that I can enjoy my games not just at my monitor or my mobile but also my big 49" 4K TV. 

I have tried side loading the latest amd link APK, but it appears to be still in mobile portrait mode that spread across the screen.

This shouldn't be hard to fix in an update.

Keep up the god work

0 Likes
johnsmith7171
Adept II

I would like

1) A stable zero rpm option, that does not involve me dancing around the pc half naked with a drum.

2) A checker that makes sure that all the screens are at the same HZ, no 2000MHZ bug, even if that means i will have to live trough a short flicker every time i reboot the pc, without having to do that manually. 

0 Likes

this is the AMD Link smartphone app feedback/suggestions thread... post your drivers complaints in the appropriate place. 

0 Likes

more compatibility with old games..

În Duminică, 10 Martie 2019 16:05:47, sharktooth <amd-external@jiveon.com> a scris:

#yiv7725824385 * #yiv7725824385 a #yiv7725824385 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7725824385 #yiv7725824385 h1, #yiv7725824385 h2, #yiv7725824385 h3, #yiv7725824385 h4, #yiv7725824385 h5, #yiv7725824385 h6, #yiv7725824385 p, #yiv7725824385 hr {}#yiv7725824385 .yiv7725824385button td {}

|

Community

Re: AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

in Drivers & Software this is the AMD Link smartphone app feedback/suggestions thread... post your drivers complaints in the appropriate place.  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

0 Likes
epicduck900
Journeyman III

I want it to actually link

0 Likes
harbi
Adept III

Would certainly like a Radeon Vii Junction Temperature metric. 

Like harbi said, Junction Temp, please

pedro-nf
Adept III

I want to see the Radeon graphics drivers installers NOT CREATING the three scheduled tasks related to AMD Link they have been creating without asking for the my permission. I don't want my system bloated with stuff that I have no intention of using, but most importantly, I should be informed of any scheduled tasks that the drivers' installer wants to create and be asked permission before they are created.

then you have to comply in the correct section or use the appropriate tools... 

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

I'd like to see an option to not install it.

shonk
Adept II

I have a request for this give us an option to never install it

while your at it give us an option to not have the hidden amd uep installed with 19.5.1

while your at it give us an option to not install the steam vr msi on my ssd on vega64

I shouldnt have to be going around pulling junk out of your installers they should be optional

while your at it stop with the radeon settings advisor spam

i have said im not interested in chill/enhanced sync/vsr

stop highlighting it every time i start amd settings

RE:

while your at it stop with the radeon settings advisor spam

i have said im not interested in chill/enhanced sync/vsr

stop highlighting it every time i start amd settings

Please open a separate post requesting that and also submit an AMD Reporting form if you want any hope of that happening. 
i think the conflicting advice to use VSR and also to set the monitor to native resolution illogical.
AMD should not advise using Chill unless they fix it.

keka94
Adept I

Leave AMD Link for now as it is and focus on AMD Radeon driver and software stability...this is more important than Link

darkradeon
Adept III

driver stability. since windows 1809 radeon driver become unstable in daily usage such chromium browser usage. With 1903 they become really usntable, it's like to be back in the 89/me/2k/xp era..

Wrong place to report that I think. Please open a separate thread asking for help, define what system you have and someone may help you out.
Thanks.

0 Likes
adriang001
Journeyman III

Navi needs to be a slam dunk architecture-wise for them at this point, something like 50% more performance/Watt to be possibly competive with whatever Nvidia pushes out at 7nm.
Regards,
Adrian
0 Likes

this is the AMD Link feedback thread. Keep the discussion on topic. 

jokbon
Adept III

I want to see modern anti aliasing, shader setings, direct x version modes, codec supports, memory alocation (for shaders etc total video and so on), per app super resolution, pixel doubling, fog, bloom, ao culling, sharpening slider, automatic energy saving when program minimized, etc... HAH

0 Likes
bigmalloyman
Adept I

Please concentrate on rock solid drivers and have two branches, solid and experimental and put all the new features in the experimental branch so I can avoid beta testing features I don't want and others who want to be cutting edge can.

icedk
Adept II

Instead of adding mega on mega of "useless things"..
I reiterate: greater safety test and established in the drivers

render1967
Journeyman III

Instead of new extras, I would like to see that old problems have been solved. I have the RX580 and with this video card old games like Fable Anniversary or games from NFS series - Underground2, Undercover, Most Wanted are not running (I see in internet that other people have the same problem). It's been a year since I bought this video card, I update every new drivers release, but the problems still remain. With an old R9 280X video card, these games run without any problems. Why? Is the DX12 the problem or something else? When will this issue be corrected?? Or this company only interested in reaping the profits from the products it sells and then no longer cares for the customers? Is that correct?

Did you create a separate thread / question about that issue?
Did you file AMD Reporting Form or open an email support request?
You can still purchase old R9 280x GPU on Ebay, if you don't have one already, as a temporary workaround.
Thanks.

(1). If you have a dual slot motherboard with PCIe3.0x16 or dual PCIe3.0x8 you could have your RX580 as your primary GPU and add the R9 280x as your secondary GPU on the motherboard. You will not suffer performance loss on the RX580.

(2). For email support go here: Online Service Request | AMD 

(3). To open a new thread go here: https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums/drivers-software 
ASK it button will help you get a thread started.

Hope that is the information you wanted.
Thanks.

0 Likes

colesdav wrote:

(1). If you have a dual slot motherboard with PCIe3.0x16 or dual PCIe3.0x8 you could have your RX580 as your primary GPU and add the R9 280x as your secondary GPU on the motherboard. You will not suffer performance loss on the RX580.

(2). For email support go here: Online Service Request | AMD 

(3). To open a new thread go here: Drivers & Software 
ASK it button will help you get a thread started.

Hope that is the information you wanted.
Thanks.

The RX580 is Polaris while the R9 280X is Tahiti which is slower. 

For alternate frame rendering the performance will suffer compared to a pair of RX 580s 

I was responding to a private message from render1967 

I was just pointing out they could have both of those GPU (RX580 and R9 280X) on one motherboard.
Yes sure I understand the R9 280X is slower than RX 580, but it would be a temporarily workaround sorender1967 could run the games that will not run on the RX580.

For alternate frame rendering - DX11 Crossfire will not work at all with those two GPU's (RX 580 and R9 280X).
I doubt DX12 MultiGPU would work very well if at all for gaming, you would probably see negative scaling of Ashes of the Singularity for example. 
In any case,  DX11 Crossfire is now dead. AMD tried to drop it on RX Vega 56/64 but backtracked. No support for it on the Radeon VII. No support for it on RX5700 or RX5700XT.
DX12 MultiGPU is not getting implemented by developers on new games. Still not there on BFV, for example. 
Nvidia similar story with SLI see: Don’t buy two video cards! - YouTube 

One thing you can use MultiGPU for is Blender, but RX580 and R9 280X are not a good choice for that.
R9 280X is GCN 1.0 and that does not work on Blender versions later than 2.79.
Blender 2.79 had  a major performance boost on AMD GPUs versus versus 2.78, so better off with 1 RX580 on 2.79.

0 Likes