cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tonywhatever
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Link: What do you want to see in future versions?

support for windows mobile

0 Kudos
the_slayer
Adept III

Delete it and make the devs team to work on fixing the drivers instead of useless functions.

rwolf
Journeyman III

How about a way to download bios updates directly to motherboards.   That way if you buy a new CPU and have an older motherboard you could update it yourself through bluetooth or something like that.   Build your own wireless chip on the motherboard and add bios update as a component.

locodicegr
Miniboss

Windows mobile is dead. Not worth the resources.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

rwolf wrote:

How about a way to download bios updates directly to motherboards. That way if you buy a new CPU and have an older motherboard you could update it yourself through bluetooth or something like that. Build your own wireless chip on the motherboard and add bios update as a component.

Motherboards are far too complicated for a generic BIOS at present

0 Kudos
kostya131
Journeyman III

switching option to compute mode for Linux, Windows 7, not Windows 10 only

0 Kudos
hrcak94
Adept I

Here's some feedback from my experience with the Android version :

On startup, the application asks us to Add New PC. Since I use only one PC, I'm always bothered to go to Settings and tap on my PC in order to connect the application to the server. Maybe add a list on that startup screen with previous PCs. This will allow users to tap once after starting the application, and instantly connect to the PC.

Whenever I connect back to my PC and go over to Current Performance tab, I have to go to metrics side menu and select few of them which are not enabled by default. It would be great if the application would remember which values I have on, or at least allow me to save them somehow.

So right now I start AMD Link, then I have to tap on "Skip", then Settings, then on my PC, then tap on Performance tab, then side menu and I have to tap on all 3 missing performance metrics that I want to see. Way too many steps to get statistics on my device.

It's not convenient and I was kind of hoping for a new version that would fix this, for a while now.

Other than that it's all good. By the way, the server seems to stop when Windows 10 activates the LockScreen. It would be nice if Radeon Settings could avoid this.

sharktooth
Elite

this is about AMD Link APP for your smartphone... can you read before posting?

0 Kudos
noxlar
Adept II

i would love to have amd link (android) active 100% of the time so i don't have to link it every time..  phone forgets the pc.. don't know if that's after pc reboot/startup or just after a while..  since i have stopped using it when i must connect it every time..   great program and excellent idea..  is there any plans to get cpu part fully supported (fan controll+cpu temp), or have i just to old pc now?  amd 8250  32gb  asus formula v crosshair z   with r9-295x2 + 1200watt psu:)

sharktooth
Elite

Try disabling the energy savings for the AMD Link APP. Newer android versions are more aggressive on power management and could possibly kill background apps without warning.

0 Kudos